Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LastLine

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 24, 2005
http://cocoa-nut.de/?p=27

Hey everyone, I've been exploring this code with a view to helping me understand the basics of Networking between iPhone and Mac and I've had some fun playing around with it doing silly little things, there is a minor problem though.

If I run it on the simulator it works perfectly allowing syncronisation of the data between simulator and the Mac client.

If I run it on my device (iOS 4.0 if that makes any difference) it won't sync the text to the textfield on the phone, no errors, nothing.

Anyone able to suggest to me what it is I might be missing here as I can't help but feel it's something fairly obvious and that it belongs in the networking code. The Mac client identifies the iPhone and shows up the appropriate name but just doesn't seem to be 'syncing' (I say 'syncing' as it isn't exactly a syncing app per se so much as transferring data.

So anyone able to help me out with this? there don't seem to be many real simple tutorials so I'm trying to learn through reverse engineering :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.