Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coreync

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2010
Hello!

I am excitedly waiting for my Iphone 4 thought I am a little worried it won't work in my home. My signal is a little funky with my free-with-upgrade phone from att but it does work well in certain parts of my home. Will it be likely that my iphone will work in those same places? or is the signal so bad that it work where 'simple' att phones work?

Thanks! :)

Corey

maddux2005

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
it really depends, some phones have stronger signals.

I find old nokia phones are best for reception in bad areas.

But its not like the iphone4 can create new cell towers if you live in a bad area :p

but if you have service with your old phone, you will/should get it with the iphone.

maddux2005

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
though you can buy this thing at att called micro-cell 3G, it will boost your cell phone service in your home and there is no monthy fee for it

MorganK

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Texas
though you can buy this thing at att called micro-cell 3G, it will boost your cell phone service in your home and there is no monthy fee for it

I just bought this last week (moved from FL-TX and got very poor service in my house here). One minute it works great, the next the phone calls are garbled/robotic sounding and it is hard to hear the other person. Good thing is there is a 30 day return period so I'm going to call their tech support and see what they say before returning it and ending my contract with them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.