Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jul 6, 2010, 11:00 AM   #1
Killerburst
macrumors newbie

Handhelditems.com anti-glare screen protectors

http://tinyurl.com/23b4vre

Very inexpensive. I usually expect to get what I pay for, but occasionally find a true bargain. Has anybody tried these and found them to be on par with similar, but higher-priced items?
Killerburst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2010, 07:41 PM   #2
Killerburst
macrumors newbie

To answer my own question, in case anybody is interested, they are softer and grainier than Power Support (comparing to iPhone AG film). I paid $7.50 shipped for 3 pieces, so I'm not complaining, but they aren't as good as higher-priced competitors. Not total crap, but not great.
Killerburst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2010, 10:58 AM   #3
zacksba

yep. I bought those too. I did a quick review back when I got them, below.

They are not that bad and you can't beat the price. I don't mind paying for quality but $20-30$ for a single competitor screen guard was something I did not want to do, considering its hit or miss when I install these, for me. Plus I found a coupon on top of it to use.

http://www.iphonelife.com/blog/5811/...een-protectors
  0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2010, 04:35 PM   #4
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

Bought a 3 pack a while back. HATED it at first. I don't think it was b/c they were cheap, but just the nature of anti-glare protectors. They softened the text, almost to a blur, or so it seemed.

I had every intention of removing it once I ordered a regular screen protector, but I got busy w/ things that mattered and that day never came. Meanwhile I was using my iPad daily to read new (mostly via WSJ app, but also regular websites) and at night to play a few games.

After awhile I guess my eyes adjusted. Its still soft, but I don't mind it. In fact I really have grown attached to it. The screen doesn't get smudged up, the overhead lighting doesn't mirror back in my face (you still see a dim reflection but it's very muted), and text is legible despite not being razor sharp. I really have my doubts the so-called "premium" brands are any better. I know that is the case with the non-glare variety.

So I say try 'em out. At worst you lose a couple bucks. I order order a 3 pack though. They can be a biatch to put on. Try to do it in as dust free of an environment as possible. It only takes one tiny speck of dust to have you yelling like Homer Simpson.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories