Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 6, 2010, 09:18 PM   #1
p01ntbLanK
Banned

what happens to text messages when there is no signal?

so with the majority of us facing this issue of bars dropping and whatnot, i had a question. what happens when i have no service/searching/0 bars and during that exact moment, someone sends me a text/picture message? will i just not receive it? will i receive it later once i regain signal? are the chances of receiving it lower? texting is what i care about the most, so the answer to this question will have a lot do with whether or not i keep the phone. also, when i am driving, i tend to put the phone between my legs near my crotch area (laugh all you want, but it's comfortable and convenient). i've noticed with the iPhone 4 that i always lose a few bars when doing that, because as soon as i pull it out, the bars go back up. a lot of times i have 0-1 bar when its under there but upon pulling out, it goes up to 4-5. so if i receive a text while its in that area, what will happen? if i receive a call, what will happen? will i not get them? will the call go straight to voicemail for the other person? thank you in advance.
p01ntbLanK is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 6, 2010, 09:48 PM   #2
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

You should receive them once you regain signal. I had an issue last week in the Denver area. My wife sent me several texts which I didn't receive until I was out of the area, and all of sudden my phone starts going crazy. I got approximately 6 messages all at the same time.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 10:04 PM   #3
Rooskibar03
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
You should receive them once you regain signal. I had an issue last week in the Denver area. My wife sent me several texts which I didn't receive until I was out of the area, and all of sudden my phone starts going crazy. I got approximately 6 messages all at the same time.
Spot on. And I know what you mean. Denver has more AT&T holes then I care to think about.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone