Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

p01ntbLanK

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 10, 2007
so with the majority of us facing this issue of bars dropping and whatnot, i had a question. what happens when i have no service/searching/0 bars and during that exact moment, someone sends me a text/picture message? will i just not receive it? will i receive it later once i regain signal? are the chances of receiving it lower? texting is what i care about the most, so the answer to this question will have a lot do with whether or not i keep the phone. also, when i am driving, i tend to put the phone between my legs near my crotch area (laugh all you want, but it's comfortable and convenient). i've noticed with the iPhone 4 that i always lose a few bars when doing that, because as soon as i pull it out, the bars go back up. a lot of times i have 0-1 bar when its under there but upon pulling out, it goes up to 4-5. so if i receive a text while its in that area, what will happen? if i receive a call, what will happen? will i not get them? will the call go straight to voicemail for the other person? thank you in advance.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
You should receive them once you regain signal. I had an issue last week in the Denver area. My wife sent me several texts which I didn't receive until I was out of the area, and all of sudden my phone starts going crazy. I got approximately 6 messages all at the same time.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
You should receive them once you regain signal. I had an issue last week in the Denver area. My wife sent me several texts which I didn't receive until I was out of the area, and all of sudden my phone starts going crazy. I got approximately 6 messages all at the same time.

Spot on. And I know what you mean. Denver has more AT&T holes then I care to think about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.