Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

142239-white_iphone_4_box.jpg

M.I.C. gadget posts a series of photos showing Apple's forthcoming white iPhone 4, as well as the device's box, which appears identical to that of the black iPhone 4 with the exception of the color of the iPhone on the front of the box.

142240-white_iphone_4_front.jpg

The photos come courtesy of a Japanese source who was able to obtain one through unknown means.

142240-white_iphone_4_dock.jpg

The white iPhone 4 was has been unavailable since Apple began taking pre-orders for the device in its launch markets in mid-June. The company announced just prior to the initial iPhone 4 launch late last month that availability of the white models will be delayed until the second half of this month due to manufacturing challenges.

Article Link: Photos of White iPhone 4 and Box Surface

millertime021

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2010
AZ
is this the same Vietnamese site that brought us the MacBook and iPhone 4?

The source says Japan but I wonder if they are related... :cool: ;)

badpinoy

macrumors regular
Oct 25, 2007
been holding out. it seems that once the iphone hits the market the servers will crash again and we'll have trouble ordering.

fcpdude

macrumors newbie
Sep 1, 2006
Orange County
Pre-Order?

If i'm on the waiting list for the black iPhone, will the Apple Store be smart enough to let me know if they get the white iPhone first, to call/email me?
This waiting STINKS!!!:mad:

mouthster

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2005
"...appears identical to that of the black iPhone 4 with the exception of the color of the iPhone on the front of the box..."

Amazing, never would have guessed that!

TheGodfather

macrumors newbie
May 29, 2006
Belgium
Ho knows? maybe the manufacturing challenges they faced was the cause of the antenna issues with the black iPhone. Maybe they solved it for the white one? ;)

aardwolf

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2007
Ho knows? maybe the manufacturing challenges they faced was the cause of the antenna issues with the black iPhone. Maybe they solved it for the white one? ;)

Yes, the antenna has now been moved to right next to the proximity sensor... So you get great service as long as you don't hold the phone up to your ear.

IsaiahC

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010

That's what I was wondering. I sure hope so. You would think they would be trying to avoid as many problems as possible so I can't imagine they would release the white iPhone with the same problems hitting newstands when it's released.

Starflyer

macrumors 6502a
Jan 22, 2003
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

This is what I have been waiting for.

robotmonkey

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
That's what I was wondering. I sure hope so. You would think they would be trying to avoid as many problems as possible so I can't imagine they would release the white iPhone with the same problems hitting newstands when it's released.

Doubt it. The inherent problem with the antenna, which is all of them being on the outside and are thus bridgeable by the human hand, is still there.

I'm still getting one though, and I will be cutting a small piece from invisible shield and putting it on the bottom of the band and covering the black strip.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.