Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 7, 2010, 04:48 PM   #1
McBeats
macrumors 6502a

How do I port my old number to new bought iphone online?

I have the iphone now, its amazing, needless to say... but I said it anyways, big whoop wanna fight about it?

anyways, I read somewhere here that you have 30 days to port. So I went and set up a new account with att, with a new number. The service is decent enough for me to stick with it, and so now I want to get my old number and put it on this iphone, ditching the new number.

How do you go about and do this online?
Old Jul 7, 2010, 04:52 PM   #2
redbotsoftware
macrumors regular

I think it takes a while for them to port the number just call them, 611 or 1-800-331-0500.
redbotsoftware is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2010, 05:00 PM   #3
sparrky
macrumors 6502a

I could have sworn I saw a place online to do this, but now I can't find it. I had planned to port my # after the fact, like you, and looked it up before. I guess it has to be called in now.
sparrky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2010, 05:07 PM   #4
McBeats
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparrky View Post
I could have sworn I saw a place online to do this, but now I can't find it. I had planned to port my # after the fact, like you, and looked it up before. I guess it has to be called in now.
ya man exactly! I thought I remembered seeing it too. oh wells, time to make a phone call.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 05:11 PM   #5
Chupa Chupa
macrumors G3

I don't know about online, but if you call up ATT they can do. It takes a couple min. and then up to a day for the number to actually transfer over. Mine took a couple of hours.
Old Jul 7, 2010, 05:18 PM   #6
rwilliams
macrumors 68030

Yeah, the amount of time it takes to do it varies greatly. I ported my numbers over from Sprint at the Apple store on launch day, and within 20 minutes, both phones were receiving calls at my old Sprint numbers.
rwilliams is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2010, 05:31 PM   #7
Reelknead1
macrumors 6502

I had mine ported yesterday from Tmobile and my step moms today. Mine was done over the phone at home and took 10 mins including the phone call to get it transfered. It was so painless, it was a nice start to my att experience. My step moms was in the store and went even faster and i didn't have to do anything the rep did it for me. But as said before time does vary.
Reelknead1 is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone