Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

McBeats

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
erf
I have the iphone now, its amazing, needless to say... but I said it anyways, big whoop wanna fight about it?

anyways, I read somewhere here that you have 30 days to port. So I went and set up a new account with att, with a new number. The service is decent enough for me to stick with it, and so now I want to get my old number and put it on this iphone, ditching the new number.

How do you go about and do this online?

sparrky

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
California
I could have sworn I saw a place online to do this, but now I can't find it. I had planned to port my # after the fact, like you, and looked it up before. I guess it has to be called in now. :confused:

McBeats

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 10, 2007
erf
I could have sworn I saw a place online to do this, but now I can't find it. I had planned to port my # after the fact, like you, and looked it up before. I guess it has to be called in now. :confused:

ya man exactly! I thought I remembered seeing it too. oh wells, time to make a phone call.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
I don't know about online, but if you call up ATT they can do. It takes a couple min. and then up to a day for the number to actually transfer over. Mine took a couple of hours.

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, the amount of time it takes to do it varies greatly. I ported my numbers over from Sprint at the Apple store on launch day, and within 20 minutes, both phones were receiving calls at my old Sprint numbers.

Reelknead1

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2009
I had mine ported yesterday from Tmobile and my step moms today. Mine was done over the phone at home and took 10 mins including the phone call to get it transfered. It was so painless, it was a nice start to my att experience. My step moms was in the store and went even faster and i didn't have to do anything the rep did it for me. But as said before time does vary.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.