Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 7, 2010, 09:02 PM   #1
jonjames
macrumors regular

video shot with iphone 4 but not HIGH DEF when i upload to YOUTUBE

so i shot and edited a short movie with my iphone 4 and edited with imovie for iphone. now ive logged into my youtube account and uploaded the video to my account but now when i try to watch the video it is extremely choppy. did i do something wrong? because the video is definetly not being shown in high def. like do i need to click a tab to upload hd video or something. im sorry to bother you guys but im lost.
jonjames is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2010, 09:19 PM   #2
abijnk
macrumors 68040

Send a message via AIM to abijnk
Known issue. You can read more in one of the other threads.
abijnk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 7, 2010, 09:21 PM   #3
Cautionnycsbest
macrumors newbie

Having the same problem I even put the video to my desktop pc and upload from there and the video is a little square box and choppy help anyone
Cautionnycsbest is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2010, 08:59 AM   #4
jonjames
macrumors regular

I'm sorry maybe I wasn't specific enough....I mean it seems as tho YouTube doesn't recognize it as a hd video but when I search "iPhone 4 test video" on YouTube I see high quality videos and e en have the option to watch them in 360p 480p or 720p but that tab isn't available on my video. I uploaded from my pc and exported from iPhone in 720p
jonjames is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2010, 09:45 AM   #5
gchhour
macrumors member

The HD video recording function works great on the iPhone 4, what you are experiencing is that, HD videos shot on the phone are not going to be HD quality when uploaded directly from the phone. In order to keep the 720P format you have to connect the phone to the computer and then download the video off the phone. That way you can upload the video to youtube. etc. Yea this is something that Apple didnt include in their little keynote.
gchhour is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting