Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:03 PM   #1
taptic
macrumors 65816

iPad mini case

Hey,

I'm not the kind of person that drops electronics or isn't careful with them. Does the iPad mini scratch easily? Would you recommend a case for it?

Thanks!
taptic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:25 PM   #2
Sydde
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by david shapiro View Post
Hey,

I'm not the kind of person that drops electronics or isn't careful with them. Does the iPad mini scratch easily? Would you recommend a case for it?

Thanks!
I personally would get some kind of case for any iPad newer that the original: Apple, in their quest to make the iPad seem thin, gave them a sharp edge that could become somewhat uncomfortable with extended use.
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:34 PM   #3
firedept
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Hey,

Thanks!
Absolutely. It's an investment and should be protected. It will also help if you ever decide to sell it.
firedept is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:42 PM   #4
Chuck-Norris
Banned

THIS

awesome case from OTTERBOX

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esc1dh7Kxvo
Chuck-Norris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 10:55 PM   #5
taptic
macrumors 65816

Ok. Anyone recommend a case other than otterbox? Since I don't drop it or anything I don't need anything quite so bulky. What is the thinnest case out there that protects, but doesn't ruin it's smallness and make it really bulky?

Also, what do you think of the magnetic cover that Apple sells for it?
taptic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:04 PM   #6
aross99
macrumors 68000

I have an iPad 3, so I know it's not the same as the iPad Mini, but I have not used a case for my iPad when it was inside. I just have a neoprene case for transporting it. I don't really use it outside of the house, so I hardly use the case at all.

Personally, I think you would be fine - as long as you don't drop it. If you do drop it on something hard, be prepared to have damage ranging...
aross99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:07 PM   #7
MrXiro
macrumors 68020

I just have a skin on the back to prevent scratching and a Smart Cover. I the. Carry it in a sleeve if I am taking it to go. I do recommend something for the screen. It seems much thinner and flimsy compared to my iPad 3.

MrXiro is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:51 PM   #8
stickybuns
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Hey,

Thanks!
I have a Smart Cover mainly for the prop-up-ability and a Coverbuddy because the metal back feels like a block of ice.
stickybuns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2012, 12:54 AM   #9
bembol
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Ok. Anyone recommend a case other than otterbox? Since I don't drop it or anything I don't need anything quite so bulky. What is the thinnest case out there that protects, but doesn't ruin it's smallness and make it really bulky?

Also, what do you think of the magnetic cover that Apple sells for it?
I got Nillkin case which basically just a back cover on eBay for roughly $15 shipped. I like it does the job but I needed a Case that can be used as a stand.

I found a brand new x-doria Dash Folio on kijiji for $30.

I've never been a fan of OtterBox, especially the Defender series. I think very expensive, bulky and ugly. Seriously, if you need that type of protection you need to start handle your toys more carefully.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 01:11 AM   #10
sdsvtdriver
macrumors 6502a

I hate cases. If I wanted an ugly device, I'd have purchased something else.

A skin from BestSkinsEvery will protect the back from scratches and make it easier to grip. No bulk added.

I also have a pouch I got from etsy to put the device in to keep it from getting scratched if it goes in a backpack or bag.

sdsvtdriver is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad