Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Danneman101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Im wondering what it means that iAd is not available outside the US?

Does it mean:

1) As a user outside the US, you wont see any iAds yet?

..or..

2) As a developer outside the US, you can't distribute apps with iAds yet?

robbieduncan

Moderator emeritus
Jul 24, 2002
Harrogate
I think 1). Which means if your app primarily targets a non-US market right now you won't be making much off iAds.

Danneman101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Yes, that's what I thought since (as a non-US developer) I was able to sign the iAd contract and at least upload (though it hasnt yet been approved) an iAd-app.

So, anybody got any estimates on what kind of revenue we're talking about with iAd? :)

Danneman101

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 14, 2008
Thanks - I had read that post but only before DIGITALiam submitted the following sentence:

"Apple takes 40% of iAD revenue. Apple charges $2.00 per click and $0.01 per impression. Therefore you get $1.20 per click and I think still $0.01 per impression."

Pretty sweet - well, at least for the clicks. Considering an app that is downloaded a thousand times a day and opened at least once the impressions would only generate 10 bucks a day...well, better than nothing :)

I wonder how they measure an impression though? Lets say you have a view opened all the time, can the add change to another or does it only update when the view is changed? And if the first is true, what is the time-interval of an ad, and is every change an "impression" generating another 0.01 bucks?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.