Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:27 PM   #1
WindowsTraitor
macrumors regular

Iphone 4 - Car - hands free - Car charger -Tomtom

So today I was browsing the app store and i decided to buy the TOMTOM app.

Let me tell you, throw away all your portable navigation or do not pay 2000 for a the car navigation systems offered by car manufacturers.

The application works really good. Since my car has still a tape player, I used the tape player to Jack connection that I use for my ipod so i could hear the voice navigation over the speakers. It was perfect. Not only I could hear the navigation system, I could also listen to music thorough the TomTom app.

I also tried to make a phone call, and it also worked good. There was some echo because of the car speakers, but the call quality was very good. (not for business)

I am really looking forward to get a good car mounT. Can you recommend one?

If you are still thinking about getting an iphone, just order one and enjoy. This is the best device I have ever owned.

One thing I am worried about is that I used a car charger while using the navigation and music. The iphone got really hot and it did not really charge. (had it on for about 35 minutes) I am afraid that the battery will be damaged by this. What is the policy on batteries? Is it user replaceable?(looking at ifixit pictures, it looks like it is easy to get to)
Old Jul 8, 2010, 10:33 PM   #2
Fernandez21
macrumors 68000

I've been thinking about getting one too, but I would like to try it first. I have navigon, but not really impresses with. I actually really like the AT&T navigation app, but it's $10 a month, so it adds up and is more expensive overtime.
Fernandez21 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone