Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stanny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
I know wireless devices such as bluetooth ones cannot, but what about those with a receiver plugged into it?

iLog.Genius

macrumors 601
Feb 24, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Bluetooth mice can wake a computer up if it's sleeping. As for the Logitech mouse, assuming it operates the same as if it were a USB mouse because of the receiver, it should also allow you to wake the computer if it's sleeping.

xi mezmerize ix

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2010
Maryland, USA
I have a logitech m505 wireless mouse and a k250 wireless keyboard that both use the same unifying receiver. They both have their own sleep mechanic and when i move or type with them, they wake, and the computer also wakes.

stanny

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Ops, sorry, I meant waking up the computer when the lid is closed and it's connected to an external display. I know bluetooth mouse can't do that. Will the mouse with receivers be able to do that?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I know wireless devices such as bluetooth ones cannot, but what about those with a receiver plugged into it?

Yes, it works perfectly.

Logitech Anywhere Mouse MX™
attachment.php

TrojanX

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2010
Houston, Tx
I don't personally use an external display so if I am wrong don't emasculate me or anything.

I believe you can set your laptop to stay away as long as it is connected through the Mini-display cord.

Also, all Wireless mice that I have used will wake it from sleep.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.