Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 9, 2010, 04:50 PM   #1
Russell L
macrumors regular

Any way to view a photo's metadata on the iPhone?

It seems that there's no way in the iPhone to view a photo's metadata (specifically the date and time of the photo). It would also be nice if we could add keywords so we could search for a particular photo if we wanted to. I know I can see the metadata when I download the photos to my Mac using Image Capture, but what I really want is to be able to view it while browsing the photos on the iPhone itself. Is there an app that does this? (Couldn't find one in the App Store.) I can envision a simple "i" icon in the corner of the display, which, when pressed would flip the photo around to reveal the photo's date, time, keywords, location, and whatever other metadata there is. I'm shocked that this feature isn't already built into the OS.
Russell L is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2010, 06:00 PM   #2
nelsonh
macrumors newbie

Ditto. Totally perplexing that this isn't built into the camera roll app. I used to use the PhotoInfo app, but it doesn't work under iOS4, and I don't even see it in the app store any more. Been trying to find a replacement but my searching hasn't turned up anything yet, it's a hard thing to search for.
nelsonh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2010, 11:53 AM   #3
nelsonh
macrumors newbie

This just in...there's a free (as of today) app in the store that does what you're looking for: Exif & IPTC Metadata Browser

iTunes link:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/exif-...383576492?mt=8

Hope this helps!

-Nelson
nelsonh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2011, 06:31 PM   #4
Russell L
macrumors regular

Bumping this just-over-one-year-old thread.

Does anyone know if what I've asked for in my original post will be in iOS 5? It would seem to be a fairly simple thing for Apple to do. All the third-party apps I've looked at don't quite cut it....
Russell L is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 9, 2013, 04:56 PM   #5
biddyco
macrumors newbie

We are at iOS 6 now and there's no native way to do this. I recently made an app that will show this info in a slightly more elegant way - take a look and let me know what I could do to improve it. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/phot...8393?ls=1&mt=8 thanks!!
biddyco is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 22, 2014, 01:10 AM   #6
allcode
macrumors newbie

free matadata view ios

This ios app is free and shows all metadata and is easy to use:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/meta...568689108?mt=8

its called "Metadata Cut"
allcode is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting