Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mickyfin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
Finland
i guess its just a matter of time before someone does. Im simply interested to hear anyones story it the back glass shatters with either of these cases fitted when dropped.

poot1234

macrumors member
Dec 23, 2009
I have the purple grip vue with no screen protector. I love this case. I've dropped it from about a couch height onto tile. No damage to the case or phone. I then had it tumble out of my hands from about 5 feet high, again onto tile, also hitting a corner of a stone fireplace, absolutely no damage at all. Feel free to ask anymore questions on this case :)

bamafever09

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2008
Hoover/Tuscaloosa Alabama
I have a clear gripvue and pulled the whole leave it in my lap like a idiot and get out of the car. Phone fell onto the cement parking lot and the case and screen are still perfect. Fell from a good distance to I was in a lifted truck. Great case so far love how it feels

cward11

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2009
Manhattan, KS
I dropped mine today on concrete from about four feet. I have the clear Belkin and a screen protector and there was no damage at all.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
How do you guys like these cases in comparison to naked or even a bumper?

The front and back of the phone are made of recycled Coke bottles, makes sense to protect it. I don't trust the gorilla, gorilla's are not made of glass.

jplusc

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2010
Los Angeles
I dopped my phone today in the grip vue. Dropped a couple of feet on to a tile floor and the phone is still perfect. Other than the flash issue, protection wise the case is great. I like the sleekness of the apple bumper more but am too scared about the limited protection. Naked, I just am too scared to use my phone.

extrachrispy

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2009
Sacramento Mountains, New Mexico
I dopped my phone today in the grip vue. Dropped a couple of feet on to a tile floor and the phone is still perfect. Other than the flash issue, protection wise the case is great. I like the sleekness of the apple bumper more but am too scared about the limited protection. Naked, I just am too scared to use my phone.

A Sharpie largely fixes the flash problem.

Mickyfin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 24, 2010
Finland
Cheers for the replies thus far, I feel I have made the right case choice with the Belkin Clear Vue grip. I will be getting the case in the mail this week, a whole month before I get my white iPhone:(

bamafever09

macrumors regular
Aug 6, 2008
Hoover/Tuscaloosa Alabama
Cheers for the replies thus far, I feel I have made the right case choice with the Belkin Clear Vue grip. I will be getting the case in the mail this week, a whole month before I get my white iPhone:(

Yea man great case so far, I like it way errrr than the bumper I had, with the bumper I still felt like it was gonna break haha even though I really liked the way they looked on my phone

calvy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2007
Yea man great case so far, I like it way errrr than the bumper I had, with the bumper I still felt like it was gonna break haha even though I really liked the way they looked on my phone

I just smashed my iphone 4 back while wearing the bumper. As far as I'm concerned, it's the worst 30 bucks I ever spent. I'm going to try to return it and see if Best Buy has that griffin clear vue. I like the looks of it, though I'm a little worried about the fit.

iMrNiceGuy0023

macrumors 68000
Jun 5, 2009
why in the world would anyone buy a rubberband aka a bumper anyway? lol

guess i'll purchase the Belkin case soon

right now I have a $1 silicone case from eBay until I see the reviews on cases

caralck

macrumors member
May 16, 2006
grip vue vs shield micra

I'm trying to find out what the difference is between the belkin shield micra and the grip vue. They look like the same product on Belkin's site. I tried using their "ask a question" feature online but since I couldn't get the stupid thing to allow me to ask a question about ipod accessories (kept telling me I chose the wrong options), I chose some random product and asked. After a week, I got a response that said they needed more info about the random product I selected. So I just responded to tell them to actually read the body of the email but I really doubt now I'll get an answer to my questions. Anyone ever manage to actually talk with someone who knew anything at Belkin? I had similar difficulties when I called about router issues I had a few years ago

at the moment I plan to use the gripvue (because the micra isn't available anyway)

UngratefulNinja

macrumors 68000
May 9, 2009
Pennsylvania
I have the purple grip vue with no screen protector. I love this case. I've dropped it from about a couch height onto tile. No damage to the case or phone. I then had it tumble out of my hands from about 5 feet high, again onto tile, also hitting a corner of a stone fireplace, absolutely no damage at all. Feel free to ask anymore questions on this case :)

I'm interested in the purple grip vue after seeing pics. Is the texture of the material soft like silicon or hard? I really like the way the purple looks on it.

powaking

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
I have the Griffin Reveal White. Although the case is nice I wouldn't recommend the white one, gets dirty way too quickly (has a brownish color to it, it was the only color BestBuy had at the time).

That being said I dropped my phone in a chute when trying to run some Coax from the attic to the basement. There is this section that has an opening where the sewer vent pipe goes thru the roof. I was using the flash as a flash light to see where I can run the coax. Next thing I know the phone is falling bouncing from side to side before coming to a stop about 10-12 feet down. No damage at all. Getting the phone out was another mission worthy of a post all in itself.

Silenux

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
Guys I'm really interested in the belkin grip vue.

Ordered a IS by Zagg.

The only thing is that I don't like the frosty look of the clear case, and don't want to use the purple one.

Can anyone please post pics of the Black belkin grip vue.

I would really like to see this, have never seen it live.

ryanvsrobots

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2008
I had the grip vue but i couldn't get it to fit right. it would always press down the power button on the top so I got the reveal. I like it MUCH better.

Silenux

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
The problem with the reveal as I noticed from threads here is that by the plastic back it could get scratched easily.

I know that it protects the phone, but I don't want to have a scratched case.

The Vue could do a better job at staying looking good.

So anyone with black vue please post a shot for me to make my decision of buying it.

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
I want the iPod Touch 4G to have the same shape, dimensions, etc. So when the iPod Touch 4G releases we can have some cases to start with.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.