Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
got my shipment today and thought i post a few nice pics for anyone thinking about this skin

its perfect and love it. just hoping sgp will send me the never version with the flash cutout bigger.

i was so excited to put it on that i forgot to make the hole bigger with a hole puncher :rolleyes:

skin fits fine too with the switcheasy nude

here are the pics

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0242.jpg

DSC_0240.jpg

reebs

macrumors 6502
Feb 18, 2004
That looks awesome! So you tried it with switcheasy nude too and it fits?

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Thanks sexy! The best combo I've seen. do you have a protector on the front? does the bumper lift the edges of the film?

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
That looks awesome! So you tried it with switcheasy nude too and it fits?

yep fits without any probs...the skin is thinner than other skins ive tried for past gen phones

Thanks sexy! The best combo I've seen. do you have a protector on the front? does the bumper lift the edges of the film?

i have the sgp crystal shield on the front and fits perfect without any bubble probs around edges, earpiece, and homescreen

Looks good. Do you have any pics of the skin and nude (that's what she said)?

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0238-1.jpg

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
Looks great. I just put on the carbon one this AM myself. I will upload pics as well later on. The fit is perfect and works flawlessly with a bumper. No lifting at the edges at all.

OP, how are you planning on getting the newer one with the larger flash cutout? Mine has the same cutout as yours too, but noticed on SGPs site that they show the larger cutout for the flash. Did you email them?

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Looks great. I just put on the carbon one this AM myself. I will upload pics as well later on. The fit is perfect and works flawlessly with a bumper. No lifting at the edges at all.

OP, how are you planning on getting the newer one with the larger flash cutout? Mine has the same cutout as yours too, but noticed on SGPs site that they show the larger cutout for the flash. Did you email them?

I just noticed on OP's pics that the film is smaller than the actual back. is yours the same?

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL

I just sent them an email so hopefully I get a response back on Monday. If they have a good customer service company, they should replace it with the newer version.

fishmd

macrumors 68000
Jun 18, 2008
Sunny South Florida
I just sent them an email so hopefully I get a response back on Monday. If they have a good customer service company, they should replace it with the newer version.

Haha, yeah but that is the problem with SGP, customer service is not a strong suit of theirs. But hopefully you get a response.

In answer to the above posters question, yes their is a tiny gap all around for both the front and back films. This is o purpose though I think, because without it, it would not work with a lot of cases and the film would lift up.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Haha, yeah but that is the problem with SGP, customer service is not a strong suit of theirs. But hopefully you get a response.

In answer to the above posters question, yes their is a tiny gap all around for both the front and back films. This is o purpose though I think, because without it, it would not work with a lot of cases and the film would lift up.

damn well ill see what happens

im going through my house looking for a hole puncher :mad:

might pick it up with tape in the corner and snip out a bigger hole

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Are those back covers relatively stiff (like plastic) or flimsy and bendable (like a BSE or Wrapsol skin)?

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4 (32GB): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Are those back covers relatively stiff (like plastic) or flimsy and bendable (like a BSE or Wrapsol skin)?

mavis they are flimsy and thin like a screen protector

kappaz

macrumors regular
Feb 28, 2008
Now that you have the carbon back on could you take another pic of if it with the switcheasy nude on

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007

Thanks fishmd. Yeah, looking at the pic, the small gap is covered by the bumper which effectively reduces/eliminates the film from lifting up. I almost think it's the perfect fit with a bumper.

cirn0

macrumors newbie
Jun 30, 2010
where can i get hold of something similar to that in the UK?

fleabay UK top seller for 16 quid, dont forget quidco for few pence :)
when i placed my order today it was only 3 left
just search 'SGP iPhone 4' there should only be 1 seller

trayanscragg

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010
fleabay UK top seller for 16 quid, dont forget quidco for few pence :)
when i placed my order today it was only 3 left
just search 'SGP iPhone 4' there should only be 1 seller

can you provide me with a link please? it seems to be coming with USA results all the time.. cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.