Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 11, 2010, 11:09 AM   #1
daveishere
macrumors 6502a

iPhone 4 iPod audio muted problem

Hi,

I'm having a slight problem with the audio from iOS 4 devices, more specifically my iPhone 4.

Basically, ever since i upgraded my 3G to iOS 4 the day it was released, and then upgrading to the iPhone 4 running iOS 4, when i sync my music to my iPhone, random tracks will have random chunks of their audio completely missing, anything from 5 to 30 seconds worth at a time. This appears to be a problem with the audio track itself, as the iPod app still shows that it is playing the track as the time of the track continues to rise.

I think this may be a problem with the fact i have the option to 'downgrade all tracks to 128kbps before transferring to iPhone' clicked in iTunes, so there may be a problem with the on-the-fly conversion technique iTunes uses.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Thanks a lot

David
iPad mini 64GB Black & Slate.
daveishere is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting