Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mjolie1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
Can someone help me, Please? I bought 10.5.4 on ebay and the disks look good, just like my other apple disk, but my IMAC 10.4.11 said "Can't install OS X on this computer. I have no idea why can someone help me. I want to install 10.5.4 so I can sync my IPAD with my mac now it seems I can't? :(

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
That's probably because they are grey restore DVD, which are model specific, so if you have an iMac 4,1 and the DVDs are for an iMac 4,2, then the DVDs won#t work. If you have an Intel Mac, you can buy the 29 USD Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD.

Or you have to get a REATIL version of Leopard.

mjolie1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
Thanks

That's probably because they are grey restore DVD, which are model specific, so if you have an iMac 4,1 and the DVDs are for an iMac 4,2, then the DVDs won#t work. If you have an Intel Mac, you can buy the 29 USD Snow Leopard Upgrade DVD.

Or you have to get a REATIL version of Leopard.

I wasn't aware that there was an Upgrade how do I get one? Have you any idea? Thanks for your response :), I've been trying since yesterday including backing up my mac which started out as a small job. Very disappointed was hoping to sync my IPAD today. :(

mjolie1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 11, 2010
Thanks again...

As I don't know which country you reside in, I assume you live in Northern America or Western Europe, thus you can either go into any shop that sells Macs or order Snow Leopard online at the Apple Online Store, for 29 € / USD.

I am in Austin, TX and they don't carry the software in the stores here it has to be ordered on line for 129 us dollars. Thanks!:)

spinnerlys

Sep 7, 2008
forlod bygningen
I am in Austin, TX and they don't carry the software in the stores here it has to be ordered on line for 129 us dollars. Thanks!:)

If you have a Mac released in 2006 and later, you can install Mac OS X 10.6, which costs 29USD.

4707069290_6547e29211_b.jpg

Then go to EveryMac and look up your model identifier and see for yourself which the latest OS is that is supported.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.