Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajnicho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Can someone tell me if o2 UK advisor is just fobbing me off?

I got a text message last week telling me my iPhone 3GS has been unlocked however after putting a vodafone simcard in yesterday, its still showing as invalid sim.

I contacted them today and they said before the unlock is finalised I have to log out of my iTunes account while the phone is connected then sign back in and sync.

Doe anyone know if that's the case or is he fobbing me off - I cant check until I get home from work tonight.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
It makes sense that it might have to reset and unlock itself by contacting the iTunes servers, but being in the US, we don't have such luxuries! So I'm not entirely sure. It seems plausible though.

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
You don't need to log out / in of your iTunes account.
You DO need to connect your iPhone to iTunes on your computer (connected to the intarwebz) and sync. As said above, the unlock is handled by Apple's iTunes server. Once you sync your phone, you'll get a message in iTunes congratulating you on unlocking your iPhone.

ajnicho

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Thanks dude. They could have at least told me to do that when they sent the text.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.