Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:44 AM   #1
Fireproof!
macrumors 6502a

5-in-1 iPad Case by Brenthaven

I use a Brenthaven bag for my MBP and just got an email from them about their new iPad Case.

Looks pretty innovative.

http://www.brenthaven.com/mac-catalo...se-matte-black
Old Jul 12, 2010, 12:18 PM   #2
sracer
macrumors 68000

Very nice. Looks promising. I've always wanted a case that only covered the screen. I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this one when it becomes available.
sracer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 01:37 PM   #3
Mr. Biggles
macrumors 6502

That is an interesting case indeed. The concept is nice.
Mr. Biggles is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:36 PM   #4
Tobster3
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireproof! View Post
I use a Brenthaven bag for my MBP and just got an email from them about their new iPad Case.

Looks pretty innovative.

http://www.brenthaven.com/mac-catalo...se-matte-black
I'd appreciate any comments from anyone who decides to purchase one.

I've already purchased one skin (Belkin Grip Vue) and a Case (Marware Eco Flip) and I don't even have my iPad yet, it's not due until end of the week.
Tobster3 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2010, 11:07 PM   #5
Jsn
macrumors member

Is it just me, or is there a big ol' sliver of exposed screen in the area next to the handle? Looks like it would leave about 15% of the screen unprotected. Is that so? And if so, is that an acceptable trade-off for anyone?
Jsn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:25 PM   #6
DNAppleGold
macrumors regular

Definitely looks interesting and innovative. Would love to hear some actual users. I am concerned that there's a lot of taking the Ipad in and out to change settings. (Almost the opposite problem of the Apple case where it's impossible to take if you want to go naked. - BTW I like the Apple case).
DNAppleGold is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:42 PM   #7
eddy64
macrumors regular

I have a question for BenthavenNews:
I curently have an iSkin Vu case on my iPad. I was wondering if this case would work with it on. The iSkin case adds some thickness so i was wondering if it would fit. I would love to buy one if it does, since the iSkin case doesnt have a stand. According to the website, the Vu is 1.75 mm thick.
Thanks!
eddy64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:54 PM   #8
eddy64
macrumors regular

Here's a link to my post with a review and pictures.
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=972014
Yea, I dont think it will fit, but I might just have to trade it in
eddy64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:29 AM   #9
EdvardGrieg
macrumors newbie

I just received mine yesterday, and it's heading right back. I thought the case looked promising too, and it's and interesting idea, but honestly the execution just wasn't there.

It is a nice soft touch plastic material which adds some nice tactile gripping to it, but beyond that I just wasn't thrilled.

The main piece that fits on the iPad itself is two pieces that slide into each other (they don't even snap tougher, just friction) which didn't seem real secure.

The other piece worked ok for holding the iPad either in horizontal viewing mode, or sliding the iPad into it to hold it like a book. However, putting it in the latte position made it very bulky.

Trying to use the case in 'typing' mode just didn't feel secure at all to me.

Then, flipping the second piece around as a protective 'she'll' was just pointless. Aside from the slit that leaves part of the screen unprotected, there is a gap between the second piece and the screen (maybe an inch?) which just made it feel loose and again not real solid.

I didn't bother trying the straps for over a seatback as that was never one of my desired uses.

Overall, it seems extremely expensive for a mediocre case at best, made at $20-$30 it would be a nice novelty, but not at $60.

It's already packed up, but if anyone is desperate for pics let me know and I'll see what I can do.
EdvardGrieg is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories