Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jul 12, 2010, 08:21 PM   #1
bollweevil
macrumors 6502

Deleted files won't disappear from iPod/iPhone

I deleted a bunch of MP3 files from my hard disc, but they will not disappear from my iPhone and iPod, even after synchronizing. I think I know why: I deleted the MP3s from my hard disc but not from my iTunes Library. I don't want all the hassle of figuring out which songs I deleted and deleting them from my iTunes Library, I just want them to disappear from the iPhone/iPod and free up the space.

I am thinking of deleting ALL the songs on my iPhone/iPod and then syncing it again. Is there an easier way?
bollweevil is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 12, 2010, 08:27 PM   #2
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

You should delete the files from iTunes, not Finder. That way, they're gone from both your iTunes library and from your hard drive. If you delete from Finder, iTunes can't sync the change to your iPod/iPhone.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help