Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 13, 2010, 09:42 PM   #1
Closingracer
macrumors 6502

Iphone 4 Speaker is not working at all

The speaker on the iphone 4 just stopped it working was listening to music through the speaker then all of a sudden it just stopped playing i can listen to it with headphones but not the speaker. I also can't hear the ringer also and only feel it vibrate.. what is the problem exactly?
Closingracer is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 03:15 AM   #2
Ntombi
macrumors 68020

If you're sure you don't have the silent switch on, do a reboot. If that doesn't work, make an appointment and take it into the Apple Store or call the number.

Ntombi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 03:16 PM   #3
ebduda
macrumors newbie

Same problem here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Closingracer View Post
The speaker on the iphone 4 just stopped it working was listening to music through the speaker then all of a sudden it just stopped playing i can listen to it with headphones but not the speaker. I also can't hear the ringer also and only feel it vibrate.. what is the problem exactly?
Looking at this board it looks like this is a common problem.
ebduda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 04:43 PM   #4
edtorious
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to edtorious Send a message via Yahoo to edtorious
Lightbulb

did you try quitting some of the apps you have on background? I find that when I use multitasking on some certain apps and then suddenly I'm not able to use my ringer, it's increasing the sound volumes but not the ringer and quitting some of the apps in background will take the ringer feature back on.

"Excellence I try to achieve, Perfection is 's business..."
edtorious is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 05:08 PM   #5
ebduda
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtorious View Post
did you try quitting some of the apps you have on background? I find that when I use multitasking on some certain apps and then suddenly I'm not able to use my ringer, it's increasing the sound volumes but not the ringer and quitting some of the apps in background will take the ringer feature back on.

I was reading where the Pandora app and a few others may be causing the problem. Guess what this is one of the three apps I installed. Deinstalled it but still have problem. Apple support now wants me to re sync phone with I-tunes. Will try that when I get home from work.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 05:11 PM   #6
edtorious
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to edtorious Send a message via Yahoo to edtorious
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebduda View Post
I was reading where the Pandora app and a few others may be causing the problem. Guess what this is one of the three apps I installed. Deinstalled it but still have problem. Apple support now wants me to re sync phone with I-tunes. Will try that when I get home from work.
You probably don't need to uninstall the apps, just quit them all, and not just radio or music apps, quit all apps running in background and see what happens.

"Excellence I try to achieve, Perfection is 's business..."
edtorious is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2010, 05:16 PM   #7
ebduda
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by edtorious View Post
You probably don't need to uninstall the apps, just quit them all, and not just radio or music apps, quit all apps running in background and see what happens.
Nothing is running as far as I can see. I did the system reset by holding the power button and back button down. Didn't fix problem.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 01:12 PM   #8
Hamsom
macrumors newbie

you could try calling somebody (like yourself) and switch on loudspeaker immediately. worked for me, but only temporarily.
Hamsom is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting