Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RaindropDress

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
I have a power mac b&w that was given to me by my local computer store guy cause he didn't want it. It's pretty awesome and its not as slow as I thought it would be :D ! It has 350Mhz and It currently has 700mb of ram, but I'm gonna upgrade it to 1gb. Eventually I'm going to upgrade the hdd when I can afford a new one...

I currently have a windows xp machine (which pretty fast, but it shuts off randomly) so the mac is going to my brothers room since it can play DVDs. It doesn't have an airport card :eek: so I'm going to download games on my pc and then put them on mac back via SD Card. I have a TL-WN321G 54Mbps Wireless USB Adapter ... will it work with the mac? I have the most updated version of Tiger on it... ?

Anyway... what games can I put on it, that will run pretty smoothly. Keep in mind that it will be for the minds of stupid 11 and 12 year old boys. So anything with guns or whatever is cool... I guess? I looked around my house and only found 1 mac games and its Scrabble... not a lot of fun (no offence Scrabble lovers :D )

I want games that are legal to download... but if they aren't... whatever :D !

revelated

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2010
I have a power mac b&w that was given to me by my local computer store guy cause he didn't want it. It's pretty awesome and its not as slow as I thought it would be :D ! It has 350Mhz and It currently has 700mb of ram, but I'm gonna upgrade it to 1gb. Eventually I'm going to upgrade the hdd when I can afford a new one...

I currently have a windows xp machine (which pretty fast, but it shuts off randomly) so the mac is going to my brothers room since it can play DVDs. It doesn't have an airport card :eek: so I'm going to download games on my pc and then put them on mac back via SD Card. I have a TL-WN321G 54Mbps Wireless USB Adapter ... will it work with the mac? I have the most updated version of Tiger on it... ?

Anyway... what games can I put on it, that will run pretty smoothly. Keep in mind that it will be for the minds of stupid 11 and 12 year old boys. So anything with guns or whatever is cool... I guess? I looked around my house and only found 1 mac games and its Scrabble... not a lot of fun (no offence Scrabble lovers :D )

I want games that are legal to download... but if they aren't... whatever :D !

Power PC? Games? Wow.

Falcon (the very first one)
Kobayashi Alternative
StarFlight II
Crystal Caliburn (I think)

That's all I know of, maybe others can contribute. All of those games are free to download now, I think. I know Caliburn definitely should be. As a side note, StarFlight II might be boring if they're into shooters but it really was an AWESOME game.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.