Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 15, 2010, 07:14 AM   #1
jer1230
macrumors newbie

iPhone4 contacts Query

Hi All

thanks in advance for any light on the following issue

address book on my MAC has all my current contacts listed in alphabetical order (first name, last name). I have synced with the iPhone4 and all contacts display as per the address book on my mac. However when i go in phone mode and select the CONTACTS icon to chose who i can to call the names of the contacts are not listed alphabetically lists it is mixing them up with FIRST and LAST names. If i go to the letter M for instance it gives me all those people whose surname begins with M. Even though in settings on both iPhone and MAC i have set to list with FIRST name first.

Contacts beginning with the Letter P (first name) are appearing under several categories as the PHONE CONTACTS seems to be arranging them by surname.

Highly frustrating. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
J
jer1230 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2010, 07:24 AM   #2
-MRB
macrumors 6502

Settings>Mail,Contacts,Calendars>Contacts>

Sort Order.. First, Last
Display Order.. First, Last
-MRB is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2010, 07:39 AM   #3
jer1230
macrumors newbie

cheers
thats the way my settings are already setup. quit out of all apps on iphone and mac and did a re-sync and it seems to have sorted itself. must have been a glitch somewhere along the line.
J

thanks anyway
jer1230 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting