Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RugoseCone

macrumors 6502
Aug 22, 2002
Has anyone ever thought about trying to form a Mac super group? I mean putting all the old rivalries aside, ditching all the glory seeking and pride; and starting a new team. A team composed of all the active members of our team and Team MacOSX, MacNN, etc, etc.

The combined firepower would surely vault the new team into the upper echelon rather quickly. Look at the "points damage" the Descent team is causing by having OC-AMD folding for them.

Sure I realize it's not about points, ranks, scores and all that, but wouldn't it be cool to assemble a team that just might have a chance at the top spot....

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
RugoseCone said:
Has anyone ever thought about trying to form a Mac super group? I mean putting all the old rivalries aside, ditching all the glory seeking and pride; and starting a new team. A team composed of all the active members of our team and Team MacOSX, MacNN, etc, etc.

The combined firepower would surely vault the new team into the upper echelon rather quickly. Look at the "points damage" the Descent team is causing by having OC-AMD folding for them.

Sure I realize it's not about points, ranks, scores and all that, but wouldn't it be cool to assemble a team that just might have a chance at the top spot....
our team is still open to it. however other mac teams we approached have turned us down...

a super mac team would only get more members

jimjiminyjim

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2003
Canada
Yes... going down the line... my emac has me sitting at around 540. I've been there fairly consistently for the last month or so. It's all a part of the 12,000,000.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.