Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
Just pasting what the current gatherings are from people who visit CNN....as of 1:30pm CST.

This is just an informative post, not scientific or meant to rowdy up people.

Quick vote
Should Apple recall the iPhone 4?
This is not a scientific poll
Yes 78% 46495
No 22% 12893
Total votes: 59388

tommyboy21

macrumors member
May 22, 2006
Los Angeles, CA
Results just updated. Screenshot of the poll for easy viewing. :)

Attachments

• cnniphone4recallpoll.png
    cnniphone4recallpoll.png
    16.5 KB · Views: 229

WhySoSerious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 30, 2007
Dallas, TX
HELL yes, they should. A bumper is NOT a solution!

i agree 100%. a bumper/case is NOT a solution. if a bumper/case is required to make phone calls, then it should have been included in the box initially.

i loathe cases and will never use a case.

Knowimagination

macrumors 68020
Apr 6, 2010
sorry guys but internet polls don't mean anything. The people who are happy with their phones will likely never even know there was a problem so of course the majority of people are going to vote yes.

chrmjenkins

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2007
MD
It's sad how fixated some are. However, I am glad that we're basing multi-million dollar decisions on the public whim now.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
No mandatory recall. Just fix it in the new ones, and let people exchange them if they want. Give them a certain time window in order to be able to do this exchange, and make it very clear what that time frame is. Be it 90 days or whatever.

I can't wait until all this speculation ends. I am tiring myself out trying to imagine what they'll say tomorrow. I just really hope there is SOME closure to this, and it doesn't just turn into more questions and more vitriol toward Apple if they continue to deny, dodge, and tell you you're holding it wrong.

Daveoc64

macrumors 601
Jan 16, 2008
Bristol, UK
No mandatory recall. Just fix it in the new ones, and let people exchange them if they want. Give them a certain time window in order to be able to do this exchange, and make it very clear what that time frame is. Be it 90 days or whatever.

How would they do a "mandatory" recall?

They aren't going to break into your home and swap the iPhone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.