Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 16, 2010, 01:45 PM   #1
appleg33k
Banned

September 30th - iPhone Hardware Revision?

it seems like many people just overlooked the fact that they will only be giving away free cases up until september 30th. this brings up a lot speculation as to whether apple will be introducing a new revision of the iP4 to fix the reception issues. i personally believe that because they already set aside a concrete date as the last day for free cases, that they have something up their sleeves. otherwise they would have just said we will re-evaluate in september and play it by ear then.

this put me in a tough situation now. i returned my iP4 a few days ago because of a number of issues and was waiting till today's press conference to decide if i should repurchase it or go with the 3GS instead. but it seems like it would be pointless to purchase the iP4 now, as they will most likely be making some changes/additions on september 30th. im currently using a first gen iPhone 2G and won't be able to use it for more than a couple weeks. what to do, what to do? i think i'm going to just get a 3GS. i don't want a case on my phone. period.

Apple fanboys, GO!
appleg33k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2010, 01:47 PM   #2
RonHC
macrumors 6502a

Another repeated topic
RonHC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2010, 01:49 PM   #3
BeyondtheTech
macrumors 65816

I would hypothesize that they could do a silent recall for all iPhone 4 users under warranty. If you were to replace your iPhone 4 at the Genius Bar after September 30, you may end up getting a newer hardware revision.

In either case, I think it's safe to buy an iPhone 4 now or then. I don't have antenna issues, but if the proximity sensor can't be fixed with a software update, then I'll be checking back in the fall for a replacement.
BeyondtheTech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 16, 2010, 01:49 PM   #4
arykmax
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by appleg33k View Post
it seems like many people just overlooked the fact that they will only be giving away free cases up until september 30th. this brings up a lot speculation as to whether apple will be introducing a new revision of the iP4 to fix the reception issues. i personally believe that because they already set aside a concrete date as the last day for free cases, that they have something up their sleeves. otherwise they would have just said we will re-evaluate in september and play it by ear then.

this put me in a tough situation now. i returned my iP4 a few days ago because of a number of issues and was waiting till today's press conference to decide if i should repurchase it or go with the 3GS instead. but it seems like it would be pointless to purchase the iP4 now, as they will most likely be making some changes/additions on september 30th. im currently using a first gen iPhone 2G and won't be able to use it for more than a couple weeks. what to do, what to do? i think i'm going to just get a 3GS. i don't want a case on my phone. period.

Apple fanboys, GO!

They did say this. A couple of times.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone