Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

billyripkin

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Chicago
Check out this shot I got while shooting the set of Transformers 3 today along Michigan Avenue. It is of Michael Bay using a iPad 3G to show how a scene will look to actor Patrick Dempsey. I also threw in another cool shot I got of Shia LaBeouf and Rosie Hungtington doing a scene.

Attachments

• DSC02365.jpg
    DSC02365.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 990
  • DSC02229.jpg
    DSC02229.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 674

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Cool and LeBarf don't belong in the same sentence.

And Bay? Since when was Bay an endorsement to anything. I can't stand any of his cheesy films - thankfully he hasn't directed too many, but his destruction of the Transformers IP alone is enough to warrant a boot up the rear end.

pfft

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2009
That's pretty cool! Just comes to show the wide audience the device serves for and how it's not just a big iPod touch. :D

But it is just a big iPod Touch.

The same way that my 42" flatscreen is just a big 19".

And my house is just a big version of a small house.

I don't understand why saying it's a big iPod Touch is an insult. Have you ever heard a woman say "Oh dear, that's just a big version of a small penis"?

jammybastard

macrumors regular
Apr 26, 2010
In Trasnic
now here's the real question...

what's he using it for?

I assume playback of animatics, but maybe a scripting as well?
Looking at a .pdf of story board?

One thing's for sure...nothing with Flash.
:p

AppleRules

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2010
Bay is the worst directed in Hollywood and a prick to boot. The transformers series sucked and Pearl Harbor was the worste movie ever. The best speciel effects in the world can't make his crappy movies watchable.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
Bay is the worst directed in Hollywood and a prick to boot. The transformers series sucked and Pearl Harbor was the worste movie ever. The best speciel effects in the world can't make his crappy movies watchable.

i see, could you link us to some of your work.....shoot....you dont have any ?

thats too damn bad....eh?

BergerFan

macrumors 68020
Mar 6, 2008
Mos Eisley
i see, could you link us to some of your work.....shoot....you dont have any ?

thats too damn bad....eh?
What I hate about this argument, is that it implies that you can never criticise anything, unless you've done better yourself, and that a subsequent opinion counts for nothing.

EthanNixon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2007
New Jersey

What you're saying is Michael Bay's directing is about as good as your spelling? Solid analogy, I get it.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada
What I hate about this argument, is that it implies that you can never criticise anything, unless you've done better yourself, and that a subsequent opinion counts for nothing.

its easy to come on here and trash someone's work, until you have done better you dont have much of a opinion, your right too, i do criticize but do so in a way its useful.

No he can't, but he can certainly point you in the direction of great work by other directors because he has taste.

Too bad for you-hoo then.

but he didn't, so it was a moot point.

Dooger

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
its easy to come on here and trash someone's work, until you have done better you dont have much of a opinion, your right too, i do criticize but do so in a way its useful.

And here's the "do as I say, but not as I do" routine deployed by only the most sanctimonious of blowhards. Michael Bay is a misogynistic prick who couldn't direct traffic, and I don't need to be a film director to see that.

cmvsm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2004
And here's the "do as I say, but not as I do" routine deployed by only the most sanctimonious of blowhards. Michael Bay is a misogynistic prick who couldn't direct traffic, and I don't need to be a film director to see that.

I take it that you've never met the man, just a tabloid or tv based opinion, which of course is very pedestrian.

Furthermore, the guy is on the third installment of a movie that studios front millions and millions of dollars to make happen. And this is not his first time around the block. Not a lot of directors get that kind of consideration. So whether you love or hate his movies or the man for that matter is meh. The real tragedy is that you can't respect someone for this type of achievement.

Are your comments really about Michael Bay? Think about it.

Dooger

macrumors 6502
May 4, 2009
I take it that you've never met the man, just a tabloid or tv based opinion, which of course is very pedestrian.

Furthermore, the guy is on the third installment of a movie that studios front millions and millions of dollars to make happen. And this is not his first time around the block. Not a lot of directors get that kind of consideration. So whether you love or hate his movies or the man for that matter is meh. The real tragedy is that you can't respect someone for this type of achievement.

Are your comments really about Michael Bay? Think about it.

Once again, I don't need to have met him to understand his fetishisation of the female leads in his films. A prime example was his screen test for Megan Fox which consisted of him videoing her washing a car. How this is "pedestrian" I've no idea. Perhaps you just read that word recently and were aching to use it somewhere?

And in the true American spirit you believe that I owe him my respect because he's used his lecherousness to make buckets of cash. Capitalism FTW!

Hammie

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2009
Wash, DC Metro
I like his movies, but what do I know. All the movies I've done are not appropriate for this family-friendly web site and are NSFW. ;) :p :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.