Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jul 17, 2010, 01:48 PM   #1
Seamaster
macrumors 6502a

I mean, how hard can it be...

...to make a case that matches the Apple one in form and function, but from a less crud-magnetic material?

I've followed all the threads on here, and find it exasperating that not a single manufacturer is offering this. I know the Yoobao comes close, but twenty pages of posts on here show even they haven't got it right yet.

How hard can it be to just manufacture a straightforward Apple case clone? Dammit, why doesn't Apple do it if no one else will? I know you're a veggie, Steve, but make that case in leather, charge a hundred dollars for it, and watch the Apple Store tills go into meltdown.

Come on.
Seamaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 03:32 PM   #2
mcdj
Banned

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

Apple's not averse to leather. A few years ago they made a VERY nice leather iPod case. But it was expensive and didn't sell well. I picked one up on eBay for 1/3 of retail and used it for my first iPhone case.

That said, I'm guessing the profit margin is higher on PU vs leather, and perhaps Apple feels a bit more eco friendly these days.

Personally I'm just waiting for the Power Support case.
mcdj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2010, 04:17 PM   #3
jedolley
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdj View Post

Personally I'm just waiting for the Power Support case.
I don't know. It looks like the macally but wrapped in leather. Even with leather, if they use the same flimsy board for the front then it's no better than the macally. Actually worse due to price, not holding my breath.
jedolley is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories