Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saniko

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2010
Hey!

Has anyone tried Waterfield Muzetto Case for their Macbook Pro? They've been sold out for ages and they won't ship any new orders until the end of August.

I've found one on eBay which comes with the suede jacket. It seems like an awesome deal, but I haven't seen anyone review the case with a 15" Macbook Pro. It looks really stylish but I'm nervous about spending that much on a man bag.

Anyone have any experience with this bag or this company? They seem pretty Apple-centric...

Regards,
saniko

saniko

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2010
Anyone else? With the bing cashback, this looks like a good deal and I've used other messenger bags with the 15" macbook pro with no problems.

Jaro65

macrumors 68040
Mar 27, 2009
Seattle, WA
I looked at Muzetto, but they're pretty expensive. Have you checked out some of the models offered by booq? I would suggest that they offer more functionality for less money.

elleana

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2009
Well, SF bags are very well made and will last you a while. There are bags out there for every budget so you have to ask yourself if you are willing to spend such and such amount for a bag. If you are, then for the money the Muzetto is an awesome buy.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Anyone else? With the bing cashback, this looks like a good deal and I've used other messenger bags with the 15" macbook pro with no problems.

It would've been nice if you had posted a pic or gave us a link.

RT2020

macrumors regular
Feb 18, 2010
Waterfield / SF Bags are seriously high quality. I bought sleeve for my previous laptop...like 4 years ago. It's too bad it doesn't fit my macbook pro, as the sleeve still looks the same as it did on day 1.

saniko

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2010
Sorry HLDan, the eBay item is here. With the 8% Bing cash back, the price is down to $210.

I still think the price is pretty high so I've contacted the seller, but I definitely want that case! It's good to hear they make decent stuff. I prefer the muzetto out of the rest of their gear because it doesn't have Velcro or a zipper.

pjcforpres2020

macrumors regular
Jun 21, 2010
I have bought several water field products, they are amazing quality and a great usa made small business doing things the right way. So great they even made a custom pouch for my nexus one that would allow a case to be on it and still fit.

elleana

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2009
I like that it doesn't have velcro or zipper too, but the vertical-ness of it doesn't work for me...

nathanfillion

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
I've been using this bag for the past 8 months with a 15" macbook pro. I've used horizontal bags from Tumi, Tom Bihn, and Saddleback. This is by far the best bag I've ever used.

First off, it balances weight perfectly. The vertical setting keeps it from flopping around while I walk and on planes. The leather is absolutely gorgeous and the company is terrific. It does not look like a laptop bag! It's big enough that I can fit my Macbook Pro in the main compartment and an iPad in the zippered internal compartment with no problems.

Everything about it just feels right. I think that price is a steal and you should just get it. I paid full price for it and I think it's worth twice as much. I'm planning to hand it off to my son in 10 years.

You can find reviews of this bag with Macbook Pros - http://www.cultofmac.com/review-waterfields-muzetto-laptop-man-bag-is-a-total-chick-magnet/18695

halprin

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2003
Austin, TX
I don't have one and that's why I pre-ordered mine for when they make the next batch (end of August)! Yes, it is expensive, but I've heard nothing but good things about the Muzetto (including the post right above mine). I can't wait to get it!

saniko

macrumors member
Original poster
May 1, 2010
Looks like the price dropped but I'm not US based so the seller won't ship to me. It sucks to be in London!

nathanfillion

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2010
Sigh. At that price, I'm almost tempted to buy a second bag. Surprised no ones going for it given that it is sold out until the end of August. Maybe you should wait a little longer and hope that the seller gets desperate.

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
Waterfield / SF Bags are seriously high quality. I bought sleeve for my previous laptop...like 4 years ago. It's too bad it doesn't fit my macbook pro, as the sleeve still looks the same as it did on day 1.

Absolutely! I have a 5 year old sleeve for my 17" Pavilion from them that looks the same as it did on the day I received it; got one for my 15" MBP and it fits like a glove (even with a Speck see-thru case on it).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.