Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
I can think of at least one way. Use Grab to get a screenshot of the calendar. Take the resulting image file, convert file type (if necessary) and set as background.

Of course, it would be annoying doing this every day if you frequently add things to your calendar. :/

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
This is a very cool idea.

Another to my mind is iTunes, whats playing, as wall paper...

And RSS reader streams as wall paper...

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
aswitcher said:
Another to my mind is iTunes, whats playing, as wall paper...

You can do this with Stattoo. It embeds info like the time, date, current song in iTunes, etc. into your desktop. You can also use it to embed the 3 upcoming events in one, some, or all of your calendars.

I use Stattoo myself. I like the idea of embedding info into the desktop ... I wish there were more solutions for doing that.

AmigoMac

macrumors 68020
Aug 5, 2003
l'Allemagne
dotnina said:
I like the idea of embedding info into the desktop ... I wish there were more solutions for doing that.

Not really into the desktop but a good solution/help will be dashboard, a place for your gadgets, that's the main idea but we still have to wait a little to have it with us.

Will be awesome to see what developers bring to the dashboard arena.

dotnina

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2004
Ok, I just found this piece of software, and I totally remembered this thread.

It's iCalViewer:

http://www.icalviewer.com/

Apparently it allows you to view your calendar on your desktop. I say "apparently" because it's a demo -- you have to pay to get the real functionality. It seems kinda nice, but the demo makes me think the interface is less than intuitive?

Anyway, there you go. :)

---

Edit -- Nevermind, it DOES let you stick it on the desktop and see the "real" functionality. Just select the option to put it on the desktop -- the icon's in your taskbar. Some events run off the edge of my screen, though -- annoying. Still, it stays true to the iCal "look" -- definetely cool.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.