Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edtorious

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
San Diego, California
I got an email saying my case has been shipped w/ tracking numbers via USPS First Class and it will take 3-5 days. Will post pics and review when I get it. Anybody else got the email or did anybody got their Ivyskin Reception case yet?

RMXO

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2009
I just got my shipping email confirmation email. Shame I'll be in a different state by then & will probably have to wait a week to get it. I hope the quality isn't like SwitchEasy Nude.

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
Did you guys receive any emails or notifications about the store credit they're giving towards their SmartCase? After I placed the order for the Reception Case there was nothing related to the store credit so I'm wondering if you get this notification with the shipping email.

ludawg23

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
The case looks awesome, closest thing I've seen to the Powersupport Air Jacket case.

I can't wait any longer and just ordered it.

Still have my Wrapsol matte back on the back and will put this case on it, I like that it only covers the back and sides.

As soon as my Powersupport Crystal films arrive, I'll put that on the front.

ludawg23

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2010
When did you guys order?

I just ordered today, wonder how long it'll take for mine to ship out.

Don't forget, post a review once you receive yours!

technopimp

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
I had never heard of this case so I checked it out. Looks pretty cool, although their website is very confusing about some vague $15 rebate. I'm guessing English is not their first language? This is what it says:

The Reception Case for the iPhone 4 also features Anti-Scratch Screen guard protectors for the front and back, there will be an upcoming SmartCase for iPhone 4 that should be releasing around August 2010 and those that order the iPhone 4 Reception Case without a rebate a $15 store credit towards the new upcoming Smart Case. The Apple iPhone 4 IvySkin Reception Case can be yours for only $14.99, i

So...what are they saying exactly? That this case is unfinished or something but if we buy it now they'll give us credit towards the "real" case? Or is it some other product they're also trying to get you to buy? Or are they trying to tie this in with the free bumper promotion? Not very clear.

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
I had never heard of this case so I checked it out. Looks pretty cool, although their website is very confusing about some vague $15 rebate. I'm guessing English is not their first language? This is what it says:

So...what are they saying exactly? That this case is unfinished or something but if we buy it now they'll give us credit towards the "real" case? Or is it some other product they're also trying to get you to buy? Or are they trying to tie this in with the free bumper promotion? Not very clear.

The SmartCase isn't out yet (due sometime in August). What they're saying is that if you buy the Reception Case at full price ($14.99 + tax & shipping) you will be given a $15 coupon code to use if/when you actually purchase the SmartCase.

makefunnyfaces

macrumors 6502a
Jun 12, 2010
West Virginia
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A306 Safari/6531.22.7)

Mine shipped today! I opted for the cheap USPS delivery, but I'm hoping it takes less than 3-5 days. :p

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
One odd thing that I just realized is that the shipping I chose was USPS First Class because it was the cheapest but on my tracking info on the IvySkin website, it says the carrier is FedEx Next Day. Obviously I won't complain if it gets here faster but it's just interesting.

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
Definitely possible. Certainly makes me more of a fan and likely to buy from them again assuming the product is as good as advertised

onep00nis

macrumors member
Jan 10, 2009
Ordered mine on 7/7 and was shipped on 7/17. Just hoping I like this better than switcheasy nude.

rkdiddy

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2008
OC Baby!
Got my confirmation as well.

I'm curious how I'm going to like this case - I've been rockin my wife's white bumper and I'm really digging it. It isn't as "tacky" as the black bumper, so I'm able to get it in and out of my incipio 3Gs holster very easily. :)

Roku66

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2010
I got my shipping email yesterday as well and should have it by the end of the week. Even if the case does suck, i wont feel too bad because apple is going to give a free case anyways and i will have another chance in picking a good case.

But im hoping this case is nice. I will post a review on you tube once i get it.

maverick86

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2010
MA
Turns out mine did indeed ship by USPS so I should have it by the end of the week. Not sure why IvySkin's website said FedEx. Either way, if the case isn't good (and I'm really hoping it is), I will just return it and make use of Apple's free case.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
This case looks pretty nice. Wonder if it will work with Bodyguardz or similar on the back and SGP or PS on the front though. Also, I can't tell if there are actually cutouts for the buttons or if they are covered (I'm assuming they're open since this is a hard case but maybe there's some type of thin rubber over the buttons?). Any lay on the table design?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.