Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Jul 19, 2010, 02:45 PM   #1
fizzler
macrumors member

Numbers to Excel workaround?

I have purchased and quite like the pages app and was thinking of purchasing numbers as well. The only thing making me thing twice is the inability to export in an excel format.

I read that it is possible to copy spreadsheets from numbers and Paste them into pages, where it can be exported and copied back into an excel spreadsheet- a long-winded work around, but one that would just about do me. Can anyone confirm that this is possible?

Thanks
fizzler is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 19, 2010, 05:36 PM   #2
MisterMe
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzler View Post
.... The only thing making me thing twice is the inability to export in an excel format.

Who told you this nonsense? Excel is an issue on a Windows PC or Mac. It is not an issue on the iPad. If you want to use your Numbers spreadsheet on a Mac, then you can convert it on your Mac.
MisterMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 20, 2010, 09:06 AM   #3
Red5403
macrumors member

I shared a numbers for iPad spreadsheet with a couple of colleagues who use PC's and Excel. I uploaded the numbers doc to iWork.com, and sent them an email with the link, where they could down load it in PDF or excel format. They did, and I looked at what the spreadsheet looked like on their computers, and it looked great. Now, I will say that my spreadsheet didn't have fancy functions. But, they were there, and the formatting was all there, and they could use it right away after downloading it.

I'd never used iWork.com before and was surprised at how well it worked and how easy it was.
Red5403 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps