Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 12, 2004, 12:58 PM   #1
varmit
macrumors 68000

The disappearing cursor

This has been happening way to much now. My cursor disappears almost everytime I go up into the top bar when using Safari, and sometimes other programs. Picture included, shows my cursor over the three color dots for closing, minimizing and maximizing. Notice no cursor, and there buttons only light up the way they are in the picture is when the cursor is over them.

What is up Apple?
varmit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2004, 01:11 PM   #2
aricher
macrumors 68020

I want to know the answer to this as well - it has to be a Safari bug as that's the only program it happens in for me.
aricher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2004, 01:15 PM   #3
munkle
macrumors 68030

If you start typing etc the cursor will disappear, to allow you to see the screen better. This isn't a bug, it's a feature

Saying that this doesn't seem to be the case with you, maybe try doing the usual repair permissions etc and see if it is fixed. Any third party haxie installed that might be causing conflicts in your system?

Last edited by munkle; Nov 12, 2004 at 01:18 PM.
munkle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2004, 03:10 PM   #4
varmit
macrumors 68000

Nothing to repair, and no crazy software. It just disappears. But it only disappears when in the confinds of the brushed metal area. That means when I come back down into the place where the webpages are displayed, or off safari, the cursor comes back, but when I go up to click on a bookmark, gone. And it wasn't typing either.
varmit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2004, 03:17 PM   #5
munkle
macrumors 68030

That really is odd! Whilst not a major problem it does sound pretty annoying and disconcerting. Apart from what you've already done the only other thing I can think of is to go all out and do a complete reinstall. Hope you get it sorted out
munkle is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2004, 04:18 PM   #6
aricher
macrumors 68020

I was able to get rid of that problem by trashing the preferences and restarting - hope this helps.
aricher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2004, 04:53 PM   #7
Elan0204
macrumors 65816

While I gave up on using Safari awhile ago, I used to experience this problem a lot too. It is different than the mouse disappearing when you type. The mouse just disappears when you move the cursor into the brushed metal region at the top of a Safari window. It never bothered me enough to pursue a solution, however. Although, it is a shame that Apple still hasn't corrected the problem.

To learn more about Utada, check out my iMix.
Elan0204 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store