Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:28 PM   #1
chrf097
macrumors 68030
 
chrf097's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Earth
Just had my iPhone replaced - Status on Warranty

My iPhone 4S which I purchased in April 2012 was just recently replaced due to a hardware issue this past weekend. I'll just keep this question short and sweet: since my phone is technically "new", does it come with a new warranty or does the old warranty apply? If my phone breaks out of warranty what do they charge on repairs/replacements?
__________________
13" Macbook Pro | Mac OS 10.10 | 2.4GHz Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 500 GB
iPhone 6 | Gold | 16GB | iOS 8.0.2 | Verizon
iPad mini Retina | Space Gray | 16 GB WiFi | iOS 8.0.2

chrf097 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:32 PM   #2
iMikeT
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: California
New warranty, no. This new iPhone is warranted in the same timeframe as the one that was replaced. In other words, your warranty is good until April 2013.
iMikeT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:35 PM   #3
Jordan921
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by iMikeT View Post
New warranty, no. This new iPhone is warranted in the same timeframe as the one that was replaced. In other words, your warranty is good until April 2013.
I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that there is only a 90day warranty with a replacement.
Jordan921 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:38 PM   #4
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan921 View Post
I could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that there is only a 90day warranty with a replacement.
90 days or the rest of the applecare warranty left from the day of purchase.
Whatever is greater.
If your applecare expires in one month the replacement has 3 months on it.
If you have 10 months left on your applecare the replacement has those 10 months inherited from the orginal iphones date of purchase.
You dont restart a new 1 year warranty every time you get a replacement for obvious reasons
Applejuiced is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:43 PM   #5
Jordan921
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
90 days or the rest of the applecare warranty left from the day of purchase.
Whatever is greater.
If your applecare expires in one month the replacement has 3 months on it.
If you have 10 months left on your applecare the replacement has those 10 months inherited from the orginal iphones date of purchase.
You dont restart a new 1 year warranty every time you get a replacement for obvious reasons
That's what I figured. I'm sure they wouldn't give you a whole new year of warranty. If that were so I would have brought my MacBook Air in lol
Jordan921 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 09:55 PM   #6
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem
 
Applejuiced's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: At the iPhone hacks section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan921 View Post
That's what I figured. I'm sure they wouldn't give you a whole new year of warranty. If that were so I would have brought my MacBook Air in lol
I know, if that was the case I would go every year and get a replacement at a few weeks before it ends and get a whole new year of warrranty again
And keep doing it so it would never run out of warranty lol
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 27, 2012, 11:39 PM   #7
Jordan921
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bay Area
Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
I know, if that was the case I would go every year and get a replacement at a few weeks before it ends and get a whole new year of warrranty again
And keep doing it so it would never run out of warranty lol
Exactly lol!
Jordan921 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Looking at used iPhone - has "Device replaced" status Sumesh iPhone 6 Dec 16, 2012 09:10 PM
Can I return a warranty replaced iPhone? garyp609 iPhone 3 Oct 8, 2012 08:29 PM
Clarification on lock status transferring to Genius replaced iPhone 1080p iPhone 2 Sep 29, 2012 03:32 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:00 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC