Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Nov 13, 2004, 01:59 PM   #1
applekid
macrumors 68020

Airport and Linksys router

I accidentally updated my Aiport drivers to whatever is the recent version is, so now I can't use my neighbor's Linksys wifi router (they know I'm using it ). I have another Mac in my apartment that I network over the router since the MacWireless USB Adapter I have and my Airport in this Mac are somehow incompatible.

Is there anyway I can downgrade my drivers?
applekid is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2004, 02:43 PM   #2
emw
macrumors 603

That's odd. I am running the latest drivers on both my iMac and my PowerBook and am able to connect to my Linksys router from both (one is Airport, one is Airport Extreme).

Without going back and doing a doing a fresh install of OS X 10.3 and then carefully re-updating everything, I don't think you can do a re-install.

I'd try resetting preferences or repairing permissions before trying to downgrade. Mostly because I know it works fine on my system with the WRT54G.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 01:03 AM   #3
superbovine
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by applekid
I accidentally updated my Aiport drivers to whatever is the recent version is, so now I can't use my neighbor's Linksys wifi router (they know I'm using it ). I have another Mac in my apartment that I network over the router since the MacWireless USB Adapter I have and my Airport in this Mac are somehow incompatible.

Is there anyway I can downgrade my drivers?
tell your neighbor to reboot his router.
superbovine is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2004, 09:52 AM   #4
jaseone
macrumors 65816

Send a message via MSN to jaseone
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbovine
tell your neighbor to reboot his router.
What is with that? I've noticed the same thing on my Netgear router with my 15inc 1.5Ghz PB and my room mate's 12inch PB, every now and then AirPort can't connect and the only way to get it to connect is to reboot the router. Neither my Toshiba laptop running Gentoo Linux or my Compaq running XP has the same problem so it must be something in Apple's networking code, any idea what?
jaseone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14, 2004, 11:51 AM   #5
applekid
macrumors 68020

Ah, excellent. It works. Thanks.
applekid is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store