Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories

Old Jul 21, 2010, 03:23 PM   #1
Natesac
macrumors 6502a

Im still not seeing a case for "ME"

I have looked all over online and at a few friends cases but I cant seem to find the one for me.

a few cases i have seen have a few features I like, but its almost as if I need a hybrid of a few cases out there.

What I am looking for is a case thats a hybrid of the marware eco vue with the incase convertible book jacket.

I want something that has a fold over keyboard prop design like the incase, but with a hand slip strap like the eco vue/flip for standing and using the iPad.

I realize that the marware is almost exactly the case I want, but I don't like the "kickstand" style landscape prop. I think i would much prefer a fold over that props up. Something that would be good in landscape on a table or in your lap, but alos has that back strap to secure it in your hand for reading in portrait while standing.

Also, im not in love with the way they secure the ipad in either of those cases. I would prefer somthing a little minimal that just securely holds the corners.

am I missing something? does this case exist?
Natesac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2010, 07:17 PM   #2
xraytech
macrumors 68020

A regular TPU case is good option.

Take a look at Belkin Grip Vue.
xraytech is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 21, 2010, 08:24 PM   #3
Natesac
macrumors 6502a

I like the skin type cases but would really love a folio style that meets my needs. I just want a fold over design that props up the iPad in landscape for typing, like the apple case, the incase convertible etcs. But also with that slip in hand strap for holding it in portrait.

My dream case would have all this and the space to accommodate the iPad being in a skin type case so even if I slip it out of the folio I still have some grip.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 07:52 AM   #4
eddy64
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraytech View Post
A regular TPU case is good option.

Take a look at Belkin Grip Vue.
sorry, this is off topic, but what does "TPU" stand for? Ive been seeing it used recently, but dont know what it means. Thanks
eddy64 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 08:12 AM   #5
prot0type
macrumors regular

ThermoPlastic Polyurethane

Personally, I like Total Protection Unit better.

As for lack of finding a case that fits you, be patient. Ipad is still fairly new. Soon enough everyone will be releasing a case in every configuration possible.
prot0type is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 01:02 PM   #6
leeschill
macrumors member

Check out Quirky's crowdsourced product. Might not be what you're exactly looking for but maybe they'll do another crowdsource product sometime.
leeschill is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 02:58 PM   #7
normwood
macrumors 6502a

I have resolved that there is no such thing as one "perfect" case. On different days I have different moods and need a case to suit that mood. Some days my 3g went naked, some days it had a Sena Slim sleeve, some days it had a Speck Candy Shell....yada...yada...yada..this went on and on until I had close to 20 cases for my 3G.

I'm trying to do better with my iP4. I have a Speck Candy Shell, a Apple Bumper and a Switcheasy Nude that I am rotating between....depending on my mood. I am doing everything within my power not to buy another case. It's an addiction.

Then again....I just might need an Otterbox Commuter...they are really nice.

Steve
Old Jul 22, 2010, 03:14 PM   #8
TraceyS/FL
macrumors 68040

I'm using my Speck Candyshell until something else really catches my eye. I'm not sure anything will - i like that type of case for use on my bed at night. Time will tell, but i always check out the new ones and hope that they are in the realm of reality when it comes time to buying something.
TraceyS/FL is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 04:07 PM   #9
ZipZap
macrumors 68040

if your that picky...like me, wait for the clanmcase
ZipZap is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 09:17 PM   #10
Natesac
macrumors 6502a

Still not seeing exactly what I am looking for

But DAAAAAANNGGG that clam case looks sexy. It's the iOS laptop. Freaking cool.

And I took a look at that quirky site. I'm not in,lve with the case, but now I'm in love with the site. I love that idea, very fresh.

Thanks for the help guys, I might not have found my case, but I sure have found some cool other stuff.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Accessories