Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jul 22, 2010, 05:51 AM   #1
ranguvar
macrumors 6502

UIImageView resize animation

Hi,

I got a UIImageView that contains an image with rounded corners. The UIImage is created with the
Code:
stretchableImageWithLeftCapWidth:topCapHeight:
method. I'd like to resize the UIImageView with an animation.

On the simulator, it appears to work fine, but on my old 1st gen iPod touch, I can see some problems. Say I resize the UIImageView to a smaller size. It appears the image for the smaller size is rendered and then scaled into the still larger size. This makes the rounded corners get messed up, of course. Then, the UIImageView actually gets smaller, gradually un-stretching the image until at the end of the animation, the corners are round again.

This seems to be something rather trivial. It's implemented a lot of times on the iPhone (e.g. the App Store "Buy" button resizes with animation when you tap it). How are you supposed to do this?

Thanks for any help!
- ranguvar
ranguvar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 08:48 AM   #2
PhoneyDeveloper
macrumors 68020

Look at the MoveMe sample code for how this is usually done. The view is scaled with a transform.

Are you just animating a change of the frame? Maybe there's something odd about stretchable images.
PhoneyDeveloper is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming