Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bcackerman

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010...e-4-waiting-lists-could-sell-1000000-devices/
One of our Apple sources has been communicating some internal Apple information to us, and from what we’ve been told, this weekend could be big. Currently, if you go to an Apple retail store and can’t find an iPad or iPhone 4, Apple will offer the ability to reserve one for you. These are “Priority Lists” and contain your name and information in addition to the specific device and configuration you want. These lists allow Apple to determine how to manage their channel inventory or possibly ramp up on production. Here’s the big news we’ve been told… Apple is apparently incredibly interested in clearing out these waiting lists, and if our tipster is correct, they’re aiming to do it by this weekend. We have been told that stores have lists that could be anywhere from 500 to 1500 or more customers waiting for iPhones, and anywhere from 250 to 750 customers waiting for iPads. Apparently all Apple stores have asked employees for an “all hands on deck” approach this weekend, somewhat similar to that of Apple product launch days. We have even been informed that Apple stores might open early on Sunday to accommodate extra traffic. Lastly, our source let us know that clearing out these lists could result in the sale of up to an additional 500,000 to 1,000,000 iOS devices in just a few short days.

Woot, about time...hopefully.

playaproved

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2005
What I get from this is...

Apple wants to clear the priority lists so next week when the White comes there's a clean slate.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
That's good news-- hopefully a lot of people will get their devices this weekend.

SonoViva

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2010
CA
I talked to this crazy kid who seemed convinced he was getting his white iPhone this Saturday. I didn't believe him but now I kind of do.

bcackerman

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
Holy crap, just got my "Congrats your iPhone 4 is here!" email to pick up!! Woot!!

phineas

macrumors regular
Nov 1, 2006
South of the Border I-95
White ip4?

Please?

If its a White one and in Albany NY this weekend, than I just mite be jumping in the line buying one. Than again rather pay 325 for the 3GS and NO contract and than sit back and see what happens with Verizon, the Droid X was looking good till I found out there were allot of returns on them in our area, something about you have to unlock it before answering , not sure have not even looked at it yet.

Adisah

macrumors regular
May 29, 2008
This picture is from another post. Apple are getting those iPhones in. In the other post, the guy said they counted over 1,400 iPhones.

attachment.php

anonymous guy

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2010
the Apple Store I visit doesn't usually leave their iPhones out like that.

is it because they have more than they can fit in the back?

Adisah

macrumors regular
May 29, 2008
the Apple Store I visit doesn't usually leave their iPhones out like that.

is it because they have more than they can fit in the back?

They probably did it like that because there were so many people lined up. It would be more efficient that way then having a salesman run back and forth between the back and customers.

bvrlyhills310

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2010
New York
If its a White one and in Albany NY this weekend, than I just mite be jumping in the line buying one. Than again rather pay 325 for the 3GS and NO contract and than sit back and see what happens with Verizon, the Droid X was looking good till I found out there were allot of returns on them in our area, something about you have to unlock it before answering , not sure have not even looked at it yet.

I really hope so. And I'm from Albany too! I'll see ya in line at crossgates.. good luck! lol

bcackerman

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
Just got another email from a different store in the DC area about them having stock as well. Looks like this rumor is filling out around here. BGR for the win

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.