Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 22, 2010, 01:48 PM   #1
sportsplayer612
macrumors newbie

Move email/email account from iphone to computer

Well my parent's computer crashed yesterday and I couldn't back up their email from outlook. My dad has the email account including all emails on his iphone. Is it possible to move all the emails and email account from his iphone to the new computer?
sportsplayer612 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 02:32 PM   #2
CSMchris376
macrumors regular

If it is not an IMAP account, the only way to have the POP account mails show up is if they are still stored on the server. If the iPhone has it set to delete mail from the server, they can't be unless he forwards them to himself. If they are still on the server (this is received mail only), once you set up the new computer and start the mail program, it would be recognized as a new mail client and would download the mail again. If it is an IMAP account, the mail folders would automatically sync when you set up the account on the computer because all of that information is stored on the server and is designed to by synced to multiple clients.
CSMchris376 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting