Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I have purchased two Belkin Slim Fit cases, one for the 3G and one for the 3GS.

Now that the iPhone 4 is here I really want to purchase the case again, but seeming how the iPhone 4 is much slimmer than the 3GS I'm worried that the phone wouldn't sit snugly in there and might move around a lot.

Anyhow the reason for this post is, does anyone know of a similar case? I've searched the net for days and can't find anything close. The security tab on other cases is ofter way to big or the case is just totally ugly.

Or is anyone here using this case for their iPhone 4 and can confirm it fits fine and doesn't jump around to much when you are on the move walking/running.

I've attached a picture of the case itself.

Unfortunately Belkin hasn't made a comparable case for the iPhone 4.

Attachments

• STD1_F8Z330.jpg
    STD1_F8Z330.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 704

trozau

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2010
Appleland, USA
You may want to try putting your IP4 in a Sonix Snap or iFrogz Luxe Lean or Incipio Feather or Switcheasy Nude (or something similarly thin) then put it in the Belkin Slim Fit 3G case.

My current set up is my IP4 in a Sonix Snap and carrired in a Gizmo Skin Black Lambskin (for iPhone 3G) Ultra-Thin Slip Case. It is a great fit. :)

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
You may want to try putting your IP4 in a Sonix Snap or iFrogz Luxe Lean or Incipio Feather or Switcheasy Nude (or something similarly thin) then put it in the Belkin Slim Fit 3G case.

My current set up is my IP4 in a Sonix Snap and carrired in a Gizmo Skin Black Lambskin (for iPhone 3G) Ultra-Thin Slip Case. It is a great fit. :)

Wow you're damn smart!!! LoL I would never of thought about doing that in a 100 years.

I'll check out the switcheasy as I've heard a lot of goods things about it.

Thanks for the advice!

Anyone else have anything good to suggest??

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I've had zero problems and LOTS of compliments with my SwitchEasy Nude :D

Out of all the cases he suggested I like the switcheasy the best as it's the only one that shows an apple symbol on the back of the case.

My only question now is if I do go with the switcheasy will it fit into the belkin case (picture posted above)

It might considering that case was made for the 3G/3GS and seeing that the ip4 is like 24% slimmer. Also switcheasy doesn't look very bulky.

What's your thought? Think it will slide in and out easily?

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
So I did go with the switcheasy case....I chose the ultra clear style as it will show the apple logo more through the back.

Does anyone actually use a switcheasy case and a leather holster? I have a bad feeling with the case it will be to thick to slide into the Belkin case I have.

Any thoughts guys?

trozau

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2010
Appleland, USA
So I did go with the switcheasy case....I chose the ultra clear style as it will show the apple logo more through the back.

Does anyone actually use a switcheasy case and a leather holster? I have a bad feeling with the case it will be to thick to slide into the Belkin case I have.

Any thoughts guys?
Here are the dimensions of the IP4 & IP3G:
IP4: 115.2 X 58.6 X 9.3 mm
IP3G: 115.5 X 62.1 X 12.3 mm
The Switcheasy Nude is advertised as 1 mm thick. allowing for the extra 1 mm on each side, you should have 1 mm clearance on the thickness and 1.5 mm clearance on the width.
Try it. It should fit fine into your 3G Belkin leather case.

301finest

macrumors regular
Aug 14, 2008
Here's my set up. Zagg w/ Bumper and my holster is a Marware C.E.O. Fits nice a snug.

Attachments

• IMG_0192.jpg
    IMG_0192.jpg
    677.6 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0193.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    833.8 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0194.jpg
    IMG_0194.jpg
    750.3 KB · Views: 74

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Here's my set up. Zagg w/ Bumper and my holster is a Marware C.E.O. Fits nice a snug.

Here are the dimensions of the IP4 & IP3G:
IP4: 115.2 X 58.6 X 9.3 mm
IP3G: 115.5 X 62.1 X 12.3 mm
The Switcheasy Nude is advertised as 1 mm thick. allowing for the extra 1 mm on each side, you should have 1 mm clearance on the thickness and 1.5 mm clearance on the width.
Try it. It should fit fine into your 3G Belkin leather case.

WOW first let me say how great you two people are for helping me out with the info provided. You both went above and beyond anything I expected.

Thanks Trozau for the specs, I now have a good feeling it might work out all fine.

and 301Finest, thanks for taking those pics, that really helps too...we have a similar leather cases....I really like the style of yours, especially the front of it!

Thanks again guys!

Cheers :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.