Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old Jul 22, 2010, 05:18 PM   #1
amcgowan
macrumors newbie

iAnnotate question

Hi everyone. iAnnotate is so far the only app I have found that allows highlighting, notes, underlining, and so far, of PDFs. It works fine, except...

When I underline, and exit the PDF, the next time I come back to the PDF, the underlining disappears. My friend, who uses iAnnotate, does not have this problem. So far, the iAnnotate support team has been unable to figure out what is going on. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas? Many thanks.
amcgowan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2010, 04:23 PM   #2
macpluslaptop
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcgowan View Post
Hi everyone. iAnnotate is so far the only app I have found that allows highlighting, notes, underlining, and so far, of PDFs. It works fine, except...

When I underline, and exit the PDF, the next time I come back to the PDF, the underlining disappears. My friend, who uses iAnnotate, does not have this problem. So far, the iAnnotate support team has been unable to figure out what is going on. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas? Many thanks.
Anyone using iAnnotate?
macpluslaptop is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2010, 06:27 PM   #3
markosb
macrumors 6502

Tell me what your doing exactly, I will try and replicate it on my end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcgowan View Post

markosb is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2010, 11:51 AM   #4
amcgowan
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by markosb View Post
Tell me what your doing exactly, I will try and replicate it on my end.
Hi, thanks. I transfer my PDF to my iPad using Docs to Go, making sure it has gone through the OCR process in Adobe Acrobat (necessary for the highlighting to work). I then use the highlighting, and it works fine. As long as I keep the PDF open in a tab, the highlighting stays. But if I close it out, and then reopen it, the highlighting disappears. The same thing happens when I put a note on the PDF.

At their request, I have sent a PDF for which this happens to iAnnotate, so they can troubleshoot it, but I have not heard back from them yet.
amcgowan is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps