Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amcgowan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Hi everyone. iAnnotate is so far the only app I have found that allows highlighting, notes, underlining, and so far, of PDFs. It works fine, except...

When I underline, and exit the PDF, the next time I come back to the PDF, the underlining disappears. My friend, who uses iAnnotate, does not have this problem. So far, the iAnnotate support team has been unable to figure out what is going on. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas? Many thanks.

macpluslaptop

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2007
Hi everyone. iAnnotate is so far the only app I have found that allows highlighting, notes, underlining, and so far, of PDFs. It works fine, except...

When I underline, and exit the PDF, the next time I come back to the PDF, the underlining disappears. My friend, who uses iAnnotate, does not have this problem. So far, the iAnnotate support team has been unable to figure out what is going on. Anybody have any thoughts or ideas? Many thanks.

Anyone using iAnnotate?:confused:

markosb

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2010
Tell me what your doing exactly, I will try and replicate it on my end.

amcgowan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2010
Tell me what your doing exactly, I will try and replicate it on my end.

Hi, thanks. I transfer my PDF to my iPad using Docs to Go, making sure it has gone through the OCR process in Adobe Acrobat (necessary for the highlighting to work). I then use the highlighting, and it works fine. As long as I keep the PDF open in a tab, the highlighting stays. But if I close it out, and then reopen it, the highlighting disappears. The same thing happens when I put a note on the PDF.

At their request, I have sent a PDF for which this happens to iAnnotate, so they can troubleshoot it, but I have not heard back from them yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.