Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 22, 2010, 07:23 PM   #1
xela24678
macrumors regular

Exclamation Can't Send Pics on Iphone 4

hey everyone,

i have been having so many problems with my iphone 4. It sometimes says can't connect to wifi even though I am right next to the router and other wierd stuff. But just recently, i realized it won't let me send pictures. I tried to than a red exlamation mark shows up next to the picture. I am thinking of going to apple and demand for a replacement. Any help?

Thanks in advance
xela24678 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:34 PM   #2
Apple Corps
macrumors 68020

A red exclamation for me today also - photos could not be downloaded to iPhoto - message is that file is not recognized. On top of that, the HD video is very poor quality (soft focus, excessive grain, low contrast). The still images are only so so.

Also, the screen does not orient (landscape / portrait) when I rotate the phone sometimes - frequently takes 2 - 3 seconds - my iPad orients properly all the time and very fast.

While my initial experience was very positive I returned it today - too many issues and 30 days is about up.
Apple Corps is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2010, 04:15 PM   #3
xela24678
macrumors regular

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by xela24678 View Post
hey everyone,

i have been having so many problems with my iphone 4. It sometimes says can't connect to wifi even though I am right next to the router and other wierd stuff. But just recently, i realized it won't let me send pictures. I tried to than a red exlamation mark shows up next to the picture. I am thinking of going to apple and demand for a replacement. Any help?

Thanks in advance
nevermind I fixed it
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:29 AM   #4
Lorilou
macrumors newbie

My hero!

Xela - how did you fix it? I cant find a way ... be really pleased if you can help.
Lorilou is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2010, 11:54 AM   #5
xela24678
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorilou View Post
Xela - how did you fix it? I cant find a way ... be really pleased if you can help.
well, go to setting>general>network>turn cellular data on. Cellular data isn't needed to make calls or to send sms text. but it is needed to send mms messages.

hope it helps
Old Dec 12, 2011, 02:49 PM   #6
Mac Joe
macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

I have just been having the same Problem.

I spoke to Orange 5 Times who ran me thought some diagnostics which to be honest didn't do much but they where all very nice.

So about 10 Mins ago, I turned my 3G (Mobile Data) on and tired. Now at first i had the little (o) This means 2g // Then i had (E) This Means Edge //

Now for some reason unknown to me i was able to send my picture message on (E) dont ask me how i just was.

This is the order of the G's

(o) = 2G
(3G) = 3g
(E) = Edge
(H) = (Cant remember but this is the best)

So basically if you cannot send messages, Make sure your MMS Setting is ON // Try Turning off iMessage // Mobile Data ON // Data Roaming OFF // Wifi OFF // Show Subject Field ON/OFF

THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS TO HAVE 3G+

Hope this helps.
Mac Joe is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting