Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jul 22, 2010, 09:41 PM   #1
Freakk123
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Freakk123
Replacing Stolen iPhone

I was recently pickpocketed of my new iPhone 4. Is there any way to get AT&T to subsidize a replacement phone as well? I don't want to have to pay $500 to replace the phone. I know they're not under obligation to, but I figure I'm a loyal customer with three lines on a family plan who always pays on time and I'm not gonna jump ship any time soon. That has to count for something, right?
Freakk123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 09:50 PM   #2
eawmp1
macrumors 601

If you've got nothing to exchange, you are out full unsubsidized price.
eawmp1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:06 PM   #3
Freakk123
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Freakk123
Okay, but I could exchange an iPhone 2G or 3GS and get a discount?
Freakk123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:12 PM   #4
Renfred93
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakk123 View Post
the exact same thing happened to me two days ago, and I'm still trying to find a way to get a new phone for a discount possibly.

if you purechased the phone with a card, see if you are covered under purchase protection. Other than that, the situation seems hopeless, for the most part, Apple/AT&T don't care at all how loyal you are, just cough up 500 dollars for the new phone (600 in my case)
Renfred93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22, 2010, 10:57 PM   #5
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

Quote:
No, its not a car dealer where you trade in your old one.
You can sell your old iphones on ebay or craigslist to make some money towards it.
AT&T will not give you another subsidy for at least 18 months or so. It doesnt matter if you're a good customer or anything like that.
And the price is $599 16GB and $699 for the 32GB
Applejuiced is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2010, 12:43 AM   #6
wackymacky
macrumors 65816

Location: sent to 17.019528,-25.06721 for the next 6 weeks for my sins
Quote:
I was recently pickpocketed of my new iPhone 4. Is there any way to get AT&T to subsidize a replacement phone as well? I don't want to have to pay $500 to replace the phone. I know they're not under obligation to, but I figure I'm a loyal customer with three lines on a family plan who always pays on time and I'm not gonna jump ship any time soon. That has to count for something, right?
3 lines on a family plan?

Presumably you have insurance too?
wackymacky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 06:37 PM   #7
hancock
macrumors member

My iPhone 4 was stolen about 5 days ago and I talked to att, they said that if I wait until the 26th i can get the early upgrade price which is subsidized down to 499 for the 32 gb, now i just have to find where I can buy one.
Old Jul 24, 2010, 06:42 PM   #8
dukebound85
macrumors P6

OP: Did you buy your iphone fully with a CC? Check to see if it allows for Purchase Replacement

For example, this is what my card offers and yours may have a similar benefit
Quote:
Purchase Replacement - Within the first ninety days of the date of purchase, Purchase Replacement will replace or repair eligible items of personal property purchased entirely with your eligible card up to a maximum of $500 per claim and $50,000 per year, in the event the item is lost, stolen, or damaged. Certain exclusions, restrictions, and limitations apply.
dukebound85 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2010, 06:54 PM   #9
XJ13sd
macrumors member

Not being rude, just curious, how did your phones get stolen?I don't let mine out of my hand or pocket. My sister was at an aa meeting and went to the bathroom and someone stole her 3GS out of her purse. She got it back though cause the delinquent the if was in rehab visiting this aa meeting. Lol
Old Jul 25, 2010, 04:05 AM   #10
HardDemon
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukebound85 View Post
OP: Did you buy your iphone fully with a CC? Check to see if it allows for Purchase Replacement

For example, this is what my card offers and yours may have a similar benefit

This is your best chance, if you didn't get it, then i guess you'll just have to sell your others on ebay or craigslist.

Unlucky on getting robbed by the way

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting