Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
NW
I go to Settings>General>Reset> but I don't see the option that says "erase all content and settings". All I see is this home screen layout.

I want to completely wipe my iPhone 4 and start fresh. I tried the DFU mode restore but it didn't work.

Here's my problem.. For some odd reason when I go to the appstore, usually there's an icon that says buy it now or install it for free. I dont see that. So, there's no option for me to purchased it. (Yes I'm connected with my iTunes account and searched all over the app to find the "install" icon)

photo-32.png

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
It's in my Reset choices.

With all the issues you have posted getting that iPhone the way you want it (activated, etc) maybe you should take advantage of Apple's no restocking fee return offer ?? :confused:

Click on thumbnail for larger version.

Attachments

• IMG_0046.PNG
    IMG_0046.PNG
    80.8 KB · Views: 175

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
NW
I tried both. I tried the regular restore and the DFU restore and it did not work. Appstore still doesnt have the install icon. What the hell...

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
Those aren't the driods your looking for, no need for a memory wipe..

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 20, 2007
NW
Ol it finally work after restoring it one more time. No this is not the same iPhone 4 I was having issue with the activation. I bought another one from Craigslist last night already activated. So now I have two! I'm planning on selling the other one that is not activated yet but still waiting for the DITS phonebook sim card in the mail. Anyone intrested? Send me a PM.

gkuburlis

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2010
Ol it finally work after restoring it one more time. No this is not the same iPhone 4 I was having issue with the activation. I bought another one from Craigslist last night already activated. So now I have two! I'm planning on selling the other one that is not activated yet but still waiting for the DITS phonebook sim card in the mail. Anyone intrested? Send me a PM.

hey where did u buy the dits phonebook simcard from. i cant find one anywhere. im in australia!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.