Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BobHail

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2009
Well it´s pretty clear, if you think about it.

September 30. they will end the "free case program", so you think after that people will buy these broken phones without a free case? When everyone else got them. No I don´t think so.

The black ones will have this fix too after September 30. I told already weeks ago that the second batch will have a silent hardware fix. It´s pretty obvious.

People who bought the first batch broken phones are gonne be pretty pissed! I´m telling you.

BobHail

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2009
Well look at it this way then: If they won´t do a silent hardware fix, they will have to just keep giving the free cases to everyone forever.

The silent hardware fix will be a much cheaper route for Apple.

Oversoul

macrumors member
Jul 15, 2007
Unless you're an insider or can cite to a reliable inside source, don't spout your opinion like it's an official statement.

SmackP

macrumors member
Jul 8, 2010
WESLEY-LOL-WUT.gif

maddux2005

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
It wouldn't shock me if the white will have the "fix".

But I'm perfectly happy with mine, and I look forward to the iPhone 5. Then iPhone 6. Then iPhone 56 (this one will be really cool)

headcheese

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
People that think this are idiots

Do you realize the backlash of current ip4 owners that would FLIP if that were the case? And the litigation (you know this word? Want to make sure since you clearly ate paint chips as a child) that Apple would open themselves up to?

THEY WILL NOT CHANGE THE DESIGN ON THE CURRENT IPHONE MODEL...EVER! Not until ip5, ip4s, or whatever.

/end rant

BobHail

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 15, 2009
Do you realize the backlash of current ip4 owners that would FLIP if that were the case? And the litigation (you know this word? Want to make sure since you clearly ate paint chips as a child) that Apple would open themselves up to?

THEY WILL NOT CHANGE THE DESIGN ON THE CURRENT IPHONE MODEL...EVER! Not until ip5, ip4s, or whatever.

/end rant

OF COURSE THEY WILL NOT CHANGE THE DESIGN! *facepalm*

A silent small hardware fix isn´t going to change the design. People who bought the first batch don´t have the right to complain, they got free bumpers! :p

But they are still probably going to be quite pissed! :D

headcheese

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2008
OF COURSE THEY WILL NOT CHANGE THE DESIGN! *facepalm*

A silent small hardware fix isn´t going to change the design. People who bought the first batch don´t have the right to complain, they got free bumpers!

But they are still probably going to be quite pissed

OP said that they would do a hardware fix for the antenna issue. How is that not changing the design?!? Even if they were to put a clear coat or something on the antenna of the white ip4 IT WOULD STILL BE A DESIGN CHANGE BECAUSE IT WOULD BE DIFFERENT THEN MY BLACK IP4

Am I missing something here? Beside the paint chips...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.