Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jul 23, 2010, 01:32 PM   #1
carmello51
macrumors newbie

Security Code invalid?

I went to download the free case app, but a message popped up saying I needed to verify my payment info before I could make purchases. This was strange because the app is free and I have made plenty of purchases before on my phone. Anyway, I entered the security code, but it says it is invalid. I am 100% sure it's the right code, so I have no clue what's going on. Has this happened to anyone else before?

I called apple and they said it was a new feature put in place because of the fraudulent app purchases, and they said try my code tomorrow (I called yesterday) and it should work. But, no luck.
carmello51 is offline   -1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23, 2010, 02:03 PM   #2
KidSensation
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmello51 View Post
I went to download the free case app, but a message popped up saying I needed to verify my payment info before I could make purchases. This was strange because the app is free and I have made plenty of purchases before on my phone. Anyway, I entered the security code, but it says it is invalid. I am 100% sure it's the right code, so I have no clue what's going on. Has this happened to anyone else before?

I called apple and they said it was a new feature put in place because of the fraudulent app purchases, and they said try my code tomorrow (I called yesterday) and it should work. But, no luck.
After calling Apple tech, I was told to do the following, which worked for me:

Go to Settings> Store> View Account> Payment Info and on the credit card type, tap on the type entered (Visa, MasterCard, etc.) and then scroll down on the menu and select none. Then click done at the top and now you can make free purchases including the iPhone 4 Case app, but when you're ready to spend money, you'll have to go back into the settings and enter all of your credit/debit card info again.
KidSensation is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2012, 08:38 PM   #3
scottypmpn
macrumors newbie

same here

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmello51 View Post

i had the same exact problem word from word and i dont how to fix it

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by KidSensation View Post
After calling Apple tech, I was told to do the following, which worked for me:

Go to Settings> Store> View Account> Payment Info and on the credit card type, tap on the type entered (Visa, MasterCard, etc.) and then scroll down on the menu and select none. Then click done at the top and now you can make free purchases including the iPhone 4 Case app, but when you're ready to spend money, you'll have to go back into the settings and enter all of your credit/debit card info again.
im on itunes now and i none isnt an option
scottypmpn is offline   -2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone