Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carmello51

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2010
I went to download the free case app, but a message popped up saying I needed to verify my payment info before I could make purchases. This was strange because the app is free and I have made plenty of purchases before on my phone. Anyway, I entered the security code, but it says it is invalid. I am 100% sure it's the right code, so I have no clue what's going on. Has this happened to anyone else before?

I called apple and they said it was a new feature put in place because of the fraudulent app purchases, and they said try my code tomorrow (I called yesterday) and it should work. But, no luck.

KidSensation

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2010
Malibu, CA
I went to download the free case app, but a message popped up saying I needed to verify my payment info before I could make purchases. This was strange because the app is free and I have made plenty of purchases before on my phone. Anyway, I entered the security code, but it says it is invalid. I am 100% sure it's the right code, so I have no clue what's going on. Has this happened to anyone else before?

I called apple and they said it was a new feature put in place because of the fraudulent app purchases, and they said try my code tomorrow (I called yesterday) and it should work. But, no luck.

After calling Apple tech, I was told to do the following, which worked for me:

Go to Settings> Store> View Account> Payment Info and on the credit card type, tap on the type entered (Visa, MasterCard, etc.) and then scroll down on the menu and select none. Then click done at the top and now you can make free purchases including the iPhone 4 Case app, but when you're ready to spend money, you'll have to go back into the settings and enter all of your credit/debit card info again.

scottypmpn

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2012
same here

i had the same exact problem word from word and i dont how to fix it

----------

After calling Apple tech, I was told to do the following, which worked for me:

Go to Settings> Store> View Account> Payment Info and on the credit card type, tap on the type entered (Visa, MasterCard, etc.) and then scroll down on the menu and select none. Then click done at the top and now you can make free purchases including the iPhone 4 Case app, but when you're ready to spend money, you'll have to go back into the settings and enter all of your credit/debit card info again.

im on itunes now and i none isnt an option

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.