Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jedolley

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2009
Definitely looks much better than the first video, but still far from original expectations...

I think the people that got in on the original price will be satisfied, but the new price is too high. My biggest concern for it now is that the iPad is inserted into the case like a silicone skin (basically a silicone skin with a flap), and silicone skins for the iPad have so far been very disappointing.

Rooskibar03

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2007
State of Denial
I don't know if I would choose to advertise my company and product by dropping the F-Bomb in a You Tube video.

Not what I'm looking for in a case but seems interesting.

cmvsm

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2004
Price is certainly too high. I could just about buy a nice one in leather for the cost of this one. They could have made a ton of dough if they would have shipped on time a few months ago. There are just too many choices now.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
The final product is too bulky and too expensive for me. Too bad, the idea was great, the execution not so much. And as another poster said, there are plenty of other high quality cases out there in far nicer materials, many of which have similar functionality.

eye

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2009
Detroit
I sorta wanted one, but then I saw the chubby nerd guy saying the f-word to be "edgy" and the horrid looking woman with the x-long tshirt, dumpy butt, and fupa and I decided the image of this company is not one I want to associated with.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I'm reserving my review until I receive one. BTW the negative comments on the people in the video are uncalled for. Quoting Steve Jobs, "what have you done that's so great?"

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I'm reserving my review until I receive one. BTW the negative comments on the people in the video are uncalled for. Quoting Steve Jobs, "what have you done that's so great?"

Maybe, maybe not.... but remember, you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Obviously with some people, this won't be a positive first impression using the f word (the other stuff didn't bother me).

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Maybe, maybe not.... but remember, you never get a second chance to make a first impression.

Obviously with some people, this won't be a positive first impression using the f word (the other stuff didn't bother me).

Your are right about the language being offensive. I see it creeping into every day language all of the time.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
This is a non event now you know? I say this because this was my case of choice when the iPad launched. It was due to ship long before today. While it may cater to some many have already bought one, two or even three different cases in hopes to find one to suit their needs. I am one of those people. As for someone dropping the F bomb, I'm a fan of the word so it doesn't bother me. Hell, it got you all talking about the video, right?

I do question that weird plastic piece on the inside, not so sure I'd trust that to not rub against the iPad. Even the Apple case has scuffed my anti-glare screen protector so who knows.

jeremy3721

macrumors regular
May 29, 2010
Looking forward to some photos and video reviews of the finished product. That's all I care about.

applesupergeek

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2009
Looking forward to some photos and video reviews of the finished product. That's all I care about.

I don't know if she ll ship finished or not, but I ll make a point to take her to the hairdressers, beauticians, and stylist before the photo shoot.:D:p

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
This is a non event now you know? I say this because this was my case of choice when the iPad launched. It was due to ship long before today. While it may cater to some many have already bought one, two or even three different cases in hopes to find one to suit their needs. I am one of those people. As for someone dropping the F bomb, I'm a fan of the word so it doesn't bother me. Hell, it got you all talking about the video, right?
That's a pretty low standard you have there. So as long as something gets people talking about the video it is acceptable? You missed the point that the purpose of the video was to showcase the case... not the language used. So that is a "fail".

A fan of the "F" word? wow.

iThinman

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
lol, what a bunch of arrogant nits.

Buy it, review it, or just shut the **** up. Nobody is here to read your social commentary.

eye

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2009
Detroit
I didn't mind the f-word, just that a fat geek was using it to be cool. My real problem was with the belt baby that girl in the vid had, no doubt the hottest girl the cussing geek could wrangle into hanging out with him. Party on, party people.

slazareth

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2006
Its just a word people. I don't think any words should be "bad" words. The intention is what matters not the word. If i say f$!k you or if I say fish you my intentions were the same. I mean seriously, why do you think it's a bad word? Because someone brought you up telling you it was a bad word and that only heathens destine for hell use it. Anyway its just a word and letting it affect your view of a product is just silly IMO. Things like customer service, product quality, and environmental awareness should be bigger concerns here.

Anyway, the case looks interesting. Would love to hear some reviews of it. I definitely like seeing them confident enough in their case to beat it up a little even though I'd like to see a little more stress testing.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
My Quirky cloak arrives tomorrow in South West, Ireland...

Oh and in regards to the F Bomb, I was listening to an interesting radio article which reported that in a recent study of tourist's coming to Ireland found that whilst the 'F' word or rather a bastardization of it to 'Feck' was used commonly by people here - the majority of visitors who may otherwise have been normally offended, found themselves less offended and it far less offensive when heard in an Irish accent. :D

So if your going to say Feck, do it in an Irish brogue ;) :) :p

alFR

macrumors 68030
Aug 10, 2006
I found this juxtaposition of threads pretty amusing:

Attachments

• amusing.png
    amusing.png
    22.1 KB · Views: 93

One Love 1867

macrumors regular
Apr 17, 2009
Sheffield, UK
I think the point about the F word isn't to do with it being offensive as much as it is to do with expecting abit of professionalism.

The F word certainly doesn't offend me and it's probably a much bigger part of my vocabulary than it should be, but I don't want to see it used in marketing materiels by a company that are expecting me to give them money for their services. It's just not professional.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I think the point about the F word isn't to do with it being offensive as much as it is to do with expecting abit of professionalism.

The F word certainly doesn't offend me and it's probably a much bigger part of my vocabulary than it should be, but I don't want to see it used in marketing materiels by a company that are expecting me to give them money for their services. It's just not professional.

There was a discussion yesterday on the radio on the use of the word frickin' in a song yesterday (radio cut apparently) and alternates that sounded better.... Flipping was one. And this wasn't American radio either... My daughter had us listening to BBC1.

But that is it, there are places you expect it, and places you don't. The demographics for iPad purchasers isn't the same as say a regular iPod. They are going to be appealing to a different audience with this priduct. I don't want to see professional dealings watered down to being that casual, but that is me.

ctn222

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2009
Quirky Cloak Review

Just got my cloak today... I have the same comments as with all the other people on quirky's review and comments.

- Too heavy
- Silicone material is a dust magnet
- Inside the case, the covering is loose and flimsy for top & bottom.
- The backside of the case has minimal protection (silicon only) , so if you drop it on the backside at normal height... that wont be good.
- No mechanized lock/click for the cover (this was proposed in the original video)

After waiting all this time for this end result is a big disappointment,
trying to find out what the return policy is....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.